What's in your glass tonight?

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Went to Trader Joe's yesterday and picked up a couple bottles of 2 Buck Chuck, first time I ever had it. Nothing to write home about but for $2.99 it was better than I expected.
I'm told Trader Joe's buys lots (tanks?) of cheap wine and markets it with their label, so it's far from consistent. The suggestion was to buy a bottle, take it into the parking lot and taste it. If it's good, go buy more. [in most of the USA drinking in the parking lot is at least frowned upon and may result in a fine. Do this at your own risk.]

The Winking Owl brand Aldi's sells is $2.97 and is consistent. Make good cooking wine.

Poor Miles (Sideways fame) would not drink any effing California Merlot.

He should have expanded his wine tasting world further North to WA State........

2009 Long Shadows "Pedestal" Merlot. 95pts WS. I was afraid it was long over the hill. I could not be further from reality.......

Jesus this thing is right in the sweet spot. Last of three bottles. It could cut a rib eye steak still!

Needless to say it went very well with pizza tonight! :db

1608427984660.jpeg

Latest posts

Back