What's in your glass tonight?

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Same thing as last night, 2012 Chilean Zin but I'm thinking about having a glass of 2010 chocolate Vignoles Ice Wine

Mmmm. I've yet to try an ice wine but that sounds good!

Lol, Runningwolf talked me into it. The weekend my husband and I were going to Walkers to get the juice bucket, we were suppose to go to Dan's house afterwards but I got sicker than an a dog and couldn't go and get the juice bucket nor go see Dan. I was devastated! So my husband made arrangements with a friend of ours to pick the juice bucket up for me, he didn't tell me until they dropped it off Sunday afternoon.

So I got my ice wine juice bucket, Dan then talked me into getting German chocolate to put in it, so I paid a fortune for this imported chocolate and then we started to look into ice wine bottles. Don't remember who found these but if I remember I think Djrockinsteve went and picked them up for us, they were from a factory in Southern Pa.

Oh, this was the first for me and Dan, I'll have to see if he still has any left, I still have a handful. Walkers never had a late harvest Vignoles since then.

Tonight I'm having a glass of 2010 choke cherry made by my wife's cousin in Michigan.

RJS WS Washington Merlot. Bulk aged 2 (or was it 3) months and bottle aged 2 months. Needs, I think, some further aging but none the less better than the Liberty Creek Merlot that I've been buying for years.

I am having a wonderful Norton from a very small winery in Missouri, Belmot. Really good.

Then with supper, salmon, we are having a wonderful white from probably our favorite Mo winery called Robeller, if you are ever in the area, they love to give wine bottles to home winemakers and the labels float right off, after soaked in warm water for about 10 minutes. We usually pick up 15-20 cases at a time.

Lol, Runningwolf talked me into it. The weekend my husband and I were going to Walkers to get the juice bucket, we were suppose to go to Dan's house afterwards but I got sicker than an a dog and couldn't go and get the juice bucket nor go see Dan. I was devastated! So my husband made arrangements with a friend of ours to pick the juice bucket up for me, he didn't tell me until they dropped it off Sunday afternoon.

So I got my ice wine juice bucket, Dan then talked me into getting German chocolate to put in it, so I paid a fortune for this imported chocolate and then we started to look into ice wine bottles. Don't remember who found these but if I remember I think Djrockinsteve went and picked them up for us, they were from a factory in Southern Pa.

Oh, this was the first for me and Dan, I'll have to see if he still has any left, I still have a handful. Walkers never had a late harvest Vignoles since then.

I bet what makes it even more enjoyable is remembering the story that goes along with it of how it came to be.

I like to just let the Scotch think it saw some water and put a few drops in it. Brings out a whole bunch of flavors.

I only recently heard this assertion. I think it has some merits. I really don't drink much liquor any more, but I should try this.

I have also put some chilled "stones" in it. Some rock thing my wife bought me for Christmas cools things just a bit.

More than likely they are soapstone. The idea is (as I am sure you know) that it cools the hooch without diluting it. I put in a soapstone countertop a few years ago, and made a bunch of these rocks with the leftover scraps; I gave them out as gifts to relatives far and near!

I like to just let the Scotch think it saw some water and put a few drops in it. Brings out a whole bunch of flavors. I have also put some chilled "stones" in it. Some rock thing my wife bought me for Christmas cools things just a bit.

Totally agree: if you add a drop (literally) or two of water to good malt whisky you can bring out flavors that you would not otherwise taste. But if you drown it or kill it with hypothermia you have no one to blame but yourself.

My wife is drinking her daily dose of Dragon Blood. She rarely has anything else. I'm trying to get her to branch out, to little avail.

I'm into a bottle of Chilean Sauvignon Blanc. Not my best, but crisp and satisfying.

Cheers!

Tonight, I decided to crack a bottle of my 18 month old CC LR Red Mountain Trio. All I can say is wow! I have 11 more bottles and will try not to touch another until the two year mark.

I decided to open up a 2012 Bronse/Carlos that we just bottled a month ago, dam is this good. Goes very well with home made hoagies!

I am having the overflow from today's racking. Mojito flavored skeeter pee.
Goes good with a garbage plate. ( cheese burger, homefries, mac salad. all covered with hot sauce) Its a Rochester NY thing.:sh

Oh, I'm not sure about that, PA'ers love garbage plates!

A friend is coming over and bringing curry. I put a bottle of my Orchard Breezin' Peach Chardonnay in the fridge to chill.

Latest posts

Back