What's for Dinner?

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wow, Darrell, why not? What did you do when you were there last time? You must have been really naughty! 🤣
We go to Lifestyle Vacations in Puerto Plata. In January we took our 2 kids and there spouses along. Really had a good time, but now they have rescheduled their opening from August to November 20. Not sure if that will change before then.
1595940631748.png

We go to Lifestyle Vacations in Puerto Plata. In January we took our 2 kids and there spouses along. Really had a good time, but now they have rescheduled their opening from August to November 20. Not sure if that will change before then.
View attachment 64028

I have to visit Pto Plata in a future trip. Nice beaches in Sosua..!! The "Teleferico" is breath taking....

99° here yesterday with a heat index of 111°. Too hot to grill on the deck in the sun and too hot to get the oven heated up. Had chicken sausage sub sandwiches with leftover potato salad and some sliced tomatoes from the garden. Miller Lite washed it down. Hoping for some rain today to cool things down a bit.

That's when you break out the cast iron skillet and put it on the car hood and do some breakfast for dinner!

Seriously, I bought a cheapy pedestal fan for the garage and turn it on to push the heat away from the garage opening, works well, but my garage opening is to the south/southeast and doesn't get sun after 2 pm (which is why the grill never moved to the back yard and west/northwest...).

Grilled potatoes with EVOO, garlic, and fresh oregano. Sauteed escarole with fresh garlic and EVOO, braised with a bit of sherry. Slices of fennel, no seasoning, just grilled with EVOO; these had a strong fennel flavor! Grilled lamb shoulder/rib chops, dry-brined, then marinated with EVOO, garlic, and fresh oregano. Outstanding! All washed down with a ho-made Washington Viognier.

IMG_0808.JPG

My 14 year old 22" Weber Kettle is starting to look a little long in the tooth. Local hardware store has a Performer that I am keeping my eye on. They usually have and end of season sale on the patio stuff in about a month.

You guys with Performers like the propane starter?

My 14 year old 22" Weber Kettle is starting to look a little long in the tooth. Local hardware store has a Performer that I am keeping my eye on. They usually have and end of season sale on the patio stuff in about a month.

You guys with Performers like the propane starter?

Aside from the charcoal Summit, which will run you above 5 figures and competes with kamado style cookers, I don't think you can get a better charcoal setup. The Performer sits higher than your standard 22" kettle, which is nice - even for a guy like me at only 5'9". Having the side table is priceless, and I love the gas assist. I fill the chimney with charcoal and run it over the burner for 3 minutes or so. 10 minutes later, I'm dumping the coals and cooking a few minutes after that.

Latest posts

Back