What's for Dinner?

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Roasted broccoli, topped with parmagiano-reggiano and bread crumbs; sauteed beet greens, onions, and arugula; mushroom risotto; one of those lamb shoulder-chops-that-are-practically-rib-chops (dry brined, seared, with fennel, coriander, and garlic). And ho-made focaccia detailed elsewhere.

All was washed down with a 5.5 year old CC Showcase Red Mountain Cab.

IMG_0786.JPG

Roasted broccoli, topped with parmagiano-reggiano and bread crumbs; sauteed beet greens, onions, and arugula; mushroom risotto; one of those lamb shoulder-chops-that-are-practically-rib-chops (dry brined, seared, with fennel, coriander, and garlic). And ho-made focaccia detailed elsewhere.

All was washed down with a 5.5 year old CC Showcase Red Mountain Cab.

View attachment 63820

Too many things to like on that plate, but my eyes keep going to that risotto.

You sure eat well! If I lose too much weight and my doctor says I have to put on weight I'm PMing you.

I don't really have a weight problem, but I am sure I have put on some unwanted lbs. during the Coronapocalypse. I am a little afraid to look, honestly, because I don't want to feel like I have to do anything about it!

I do notice that I am not as hungry as I used to be. My activity levels are way down, so I guess my body is saying "Whoa on the calories!"

Sauteed Swiss Chard with Cambozola sauce (Mrs. S_G's idea). Grilled zucchini with bread crumbs, herbs, and parmigiano-reggiano. Grilled potatoes with Montreal steak seasoning. And a grilled, grass-fed ribeye steak, served with a compound butter of sage and Cambozola. (Mrs. S_G and I didn't coordinate, hence both of us choosing Cambozola! :) )

IMG_0791.JPGIMG_0793.JPG

Beet salad (beets roasted on grill, then bathed in shallots and balsamic vinegar); braised kale and onions with garlic and smoked paprika; grilled zucchini with herbes de Provence; focaccia; and grilled Alaskan cod with peach/jalapeño/red onion/cilantro/tomato salsa.

Honestly, the focaccia was the best part... :e 🤫😞

IMG_0794.jpg

This is a real ad I just got in my email from BBQ Guys, I buy replacement parts from them. Who has lots of extra space and money to throw around so they can buy one and post a review? :slp View attachment 63913

There was a recent discussion regarding ash disposal over on The Virtual Weber Bullet and I brought up the idea of an ash vacuum. Lot's of options over on Amazon.

https://www.amazon.com/s?k=ash+vacuum&crid=2APPU08E9RN36&sprefix=ash+va,aps,177&ref=nb_sb_ss_i_1_6

Younger two kids are at a retreat, oldest daughter is swimming, in a thunderstorm. So wifey and I could eat what we wanted, even had some gluten in it! She got more paint and wants to get the first coat on my son's room while no one is around to pester her except me (I hang out in the garage and am not allowed to paint, so no pestering from me, just beer drinking on a Friday evening).

So quick and early was the goal. Looked for some nice steaks at the local Weis Mkt, none to be had unless I wanted to cook a 1/2" thick steak or get a huge hunk of meat and cut it down. Had some nice looking cube steaks, so since she likes comfort food decided to try at a chicken fried steak recipe. Had the whole meal whipped up in less than a half an hour. Might have made the gravy a little spicy, but she didn't complain. Cleaned up as I went, so she's already busily painting (I think, I'll check when I go for another beverage).

Happy Friday everyone!

7-24-2020_chicken-fried-steak.jpg

Friday night.......... Pizza night!

Many thanks to my friend in the PRPA who sent me the special pizza flour all the way to the desert SW. The chew on the crust is the best I have had on any ho-made pizza. Both were amazing. The fresh mutz, fresh home grown maters, fresh home grown basil was amazing but needed some form of greasy meat! LOL

The pepperoni, italian sausage, roasted red pepper, jalapeño was OUT OF BOUNDS.......

Cooked inside in my LG Convection Oven on a pizza stone @ 450F. (its thundering and lightening outside).

fullsizeoutput_406f.jpegfullsizeoutput_4070.jpegfullsizeoutput_4071.jpegfullsizeoutput_4072.jpeg

fullsizeoutput_4073.jpegfullsizeoutput_4074.jpeg

Pizza night. Was forced to once again cook inside. Stone on the bottom rack, steel on the top. Thing I learned tonight is that the cordierite stone drops about 60-80 degrees after putting a cold uncooked pizza on it. Always wondered why the second pizza in the oven took longer (don't have that issue on the KettlePizza rig, actually look forward to it cooling off a bit when running at 700+ degrees).

Made two for two different neighbors who enjoy my experiments. Used a commercial all purpose flour because I ran out of my high gluten stuff. Crust had a really nice flavor, better than without the malt powder. Didn't get the extra browning I was expecting, but still very good.

Last image was of my personal pan pizza. Pepperoni, salami and some sun dried tomatoes. Did it a little longer because I like a crispier crust. Yum!

7-25-20_pizza-1.jpg

7-25-20_pizza-2.jpg

7-25-20_pizza-3.jpg

7-25-20_pizza-4.jpg

Back