Mosti Mondiale I'm excited!!

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Joanie

Reaction score
My frozen Amarone and Pinot Grigio shipped today! They each weigh 52 pounds! I'm thinking 25 of it is peanuts! hehe

I can't wait to start on them! Whoooohooo!!
smiley4.gif

That's great news Joan! What day do you expect them? My Amarone shipped today also! It says 53 pounds. I must need an extra pound of peanuts to get the extra 150 -200 miles!

Will patiently watch this thread.......I know there are going to be some fantastic pictures forthcoming

I hadn't thought about it before, but those peanuts will help insulate the pails during shipment.

PeterZ said:
I hadn't thought about it before, but those peanuts will help insulate the pails during shipment.

That's our thought! We are hoping the extra insulation will work from the peanuts along with a couple plastic bags. Only concern is possible sweating, but I don't think that will be a problem this time of year. Besides, when they get close to here, they will probably refreeze anyway. Everything is DEAD from freezing now!
smiley11.gif

I don't know how you can contain your excitement so well Joan, I would be bouncing off the walls.
smiley36.gif

Joan said:
Mine's there too!! I wonder if they're blending!
smiley4.gif

Ahem... Do we allow wine conjugal visits during shipments? Seems like a matter for the Court of Inquisition. We may need to confiscate the wine.

appleman said:
That's great news Joan! What day do you expect them? My Amarone shipped today also! It says 53 pounds. I must need an extra pound of peanuts to get the extra 150 -200 miles!

Hi Appleman,

How far are you shipping them from Texas? I've wondered if they'd stay frozen all the way to Idaho. I'm very interested in one of the MM kits and trying to figure out which one to save up for.

Thanks.

Back