Vacuum press using the allinonewinepump

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm waiting for you to tell us are ready

Thanks -

still working om bringing the overall costs down and making sure that there are no flaws in the system.

I have approx 10 more vacuum pressing to try a couple of new things -

Will let you know when thy are ready !!

Thanks -

still working om bringing the overall costs down and making sure that there are no flaws in the system.

I have approx 10 more vacuum pressing to try a couple of new things -

Will let you know when thy are ready !!

Ya know, you need to let me do some beta testing for you. I got a batch of banana that sure would test that thing out right. :h

Ya know, you need to let me do some beta testing for you. I got a batch of banana that sure would test that thing out right. :h

I vacuum pressed 250 pounds of Frontenac grapes after complete fermentation.
I am very happy with the results so far -

I will definable need some beta testers at a nominal cost -

Who is interested ?

I'm in on some beta too if available. I have a braggot type thing that i'm experimenting with and fermenting on the grain then "pressing". Last time I did that it was a problem looking for a solution so this would be helpful :) Won't have grapes again till next fall probably but yes on some grains soon. This will probably be helpful in pressing the grain and extracting "all the liquid".

Cheers!
-johann

I'm interested.
Do you expect it will work well for pressing fresh grapes too? I mostly make whites using a basket press right now.
I'd be happy to help test.

@vacuumpumpman

Hey Steve, Any idea when you might have some beta kits available? I'd like to order and plan to start a batch or series of a couple batches using this to pull the liquid out of some mashed and honey infused grains for some meads and barley wines that I am experimenting with... Would like to experiment with vacuum extraction pre and post ferment. I tried this with vacuuming a bucket system already and it wasn't a tight enough seal... This looks like it might work so am v.interested.

Cheers!
-johann

I'm interested.
Do you expect it will work well for pressing fresh grapes too? I mostly make whites using a basket press right now.
I'd be happy to help test.

I would assume not - all depending on how thick skinned the grapes are ?

I will be testing the vacuum press this weekend and putting the pulp that was just pressed into an ratchet style press and see how much of a loss there is - or are we just pressing the seeds and making it more bitter ??

So far to date - 21 vacuum press tests - all were done after fermentation was complete

Everything from aronia berries to grapes

Just trying to perfect the 1st run using a screened pipe to remove the free run prior to needing to press -
it is alot lighter to move around without all the wine in the primary.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back