What R you doing today?

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Bottled my Sangria kit yesterday. I have to say. It has a wonderful taste!!! It still needs to bottle age, but it already has a great taste!!! Very good kit. Will be making this one again!

Another day running around to pick my daughter up from college, bring her home, I wait patiently as she changes for work, drive her to work, then go to work at the LHBS, when I get home, I have to pack a ton of orders or my customers will string me up before Christmas...run run run...

Yep, I have a part time job working at a Local Home brew shop, its a fun job, get to learn a lot, help a lot of people.

I've been meaning to ask mg LHBS if they need some help. It's family owned and I know that they have a small workforce.

What I'm doing today?

Working until 4 and then picking my wife up to go to a few wineries to get some used bottles for cheap. Probably eat somewhere nice to butter her up so I can spend more money on wine supplies lol

Marc, it is a lot of fun, I am actually considering a Home Brew Shop in my future.

Probably eat somewhere nice to butter her up so I can spend more money on wine supplies lol

LMAO

Pumpkinman said:
Marc, it is a lot of fun, I am actually considering a Home Brew Shop in my future.

LMAO

Open it up down here and I'll come work for you!!! ;)

I know a lot of members here live up north. I don't know how many live in Connecticut, but I want to extend my deepest sympathy for anyone here that was effected by the actions of a disturbed individual!!! I couldn't imagine the heartache that they are forced to live with. I have children and never wan to get that phone call. Words are just not enough in time like this, but please know that there is a family down south that is here for anyone that needs anything!!!! We are here for any need that you may need. Someone to grieve to, vent to, or just a shoulder. Those children and their families are in our thoughts and prayers!!!!

Wine room finished and in work.
Primary:
Barbera
Cabernet Sauv
Sangiovese
Chardonnay

Bulk ageing:
Barolo
Pinot Noir
Malbec/Tempranillo
Malbec - Williams concentrate

Barrells
Amarone
Rosso Grande

Bottom shelf juice waiting in the wings:
Merlot
Pinot Noir
Syrah/Carigan

Bottom shelf boxed
Rosso Grande
CC Port+Brandy

Bottled in the rack;
Cheap varieties for topping.

Getting thirsty = me

100_1278.jpg

100_1279.jpg

100_1280.jpg

Thanks.
But from what I see below I'm the one that's jealous. Your basement is awesome. Wish we could have them in Texas.

Last day of working in Bowling Green Ohio for the year.

I am scheduled for vacation on Wednesday, but the boss scheduled a 4 hour meeting for that day (come in for the meeting, then you can go home). But I was texted this weekend that they will need my services on Thursday and maybe Friday too. What part of "vacation" don't these people understand?? And my boss told me if I don't take vacation, that I lose it, but then said that I can't take it.

Could be time to institute the "make your own vacation" plan....

Last day of working in Bowling Green Ohio for the year.

I am scheduled for vacation on Wednesday, but the boss scheduled a 4 hour meeting for that day (come in for the meeting, then you can go home). But I was texted this weekend that they will need my services on Thursday and maybe Friday too. What part of "vacation" don't these people understand?? And my boss told me if I don't take vacation, that I lose it, but then said that I can't take it.

Could be time to institute the "make your own vacation" plan....

LOL, yea I think it is time to "make your own vacation plan"

( Last Night, very early morning) I got 2 cases of champagne bottles washed, sanitized and dried , started the yeast starter for the Spumante, back sweetened 3.5 gallons of Red Dragon and racked it over to a carboy.
Racked the Dragon Blood one last time before bottling, I noticed a small amount of sediment, I don't want to carry any of that over into the bottles.
I brought two bottles with us to a casual meeting over dinner last night, it was widely accepted!
Almost time to start the Spumante!

Just got done Bottling the Moscato for Spumante, unfortunately I couldn't find the crown cap attachment for my Italian Floor corker so I had to use the standard plastic champagne corks and cages, it will make disgorging a bit harder, but I'm up for the challenge.

And to answer the question..."yep, each bottle has it's own unique level of liquid in it...LOL" this is what happens when you can't open your Christmas gift early...which just so happens to be the ALL In One Wine Pump!!!!!!

I'll add a little extra dosage or liqueur d'expedition when the time comes.

This was a major pain in the behind, and I lost about a 1/2 bottle of wine...grrrrrrr.... filling by hand is time consuming!

Spumante.jpg

Latest posts

Back