Other Cornucopia White Pear Chardonnay

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GaDawg

Reaction score
I just got a Cornucopia White Pear Chardonnay and I plan to add 4-5lbs. of sugar (SS) to increase the ABV to <10%.

Will a 1 tlbs of tannin improve the body or mouth feel?

Would a 1lbs of raisins help?

Thanks ya'll

I think (my own opinion) bananas would be better. and I would increase sugar to get to least 12.5 abv.
Just saying..not advising.

That much tannin would kill a horse. :)

Bananas or raisins in primary would help. And adding part of the f-pack in primary can help get that ABV up.

edit: I misread the tannin. Thought it was 1 lb. yes, a tablespoon would be OK.

Last edited:
I just got a Cornucopia White Pear Chardonnay and I plan to add 4-5lbs. of sugar (SS) to increase the ABV to <10%.

Will a 1 tlbs of tannin improve the body or mouth feel?

Would a 1lbs of raisins help?

Thanks ya'll

I just started 2 of the Cornucopia mist style kits. At SammyK's recommendation I put in 4lbs of sugar made into a simple syrup first. That brought them up to about 1.085 SG or will be about a 11% wine. That seem like a good level for these mist type kits.

That much tannin would kill a horse. :)

Bananas or raisins in primary would help. And adding part of the f-pack in primary can help get that ABV up.

I added 3 TBL to my Mezza Luna White kit along with the raisins and it made quite drinkable.
I ALMOST bought that same kit the other night with the plans to do the same. Please keep us updated. I would like to see how it works out for you.
Plus, at that price, you can afford to experiment a little.

Loei, that's my thinking. A great time to experiment:D

I made an Orchard Breezin with 4 lbs of sugar(SS). I used 4lbs. because that was what came in the bag:D

I think raisins would be my choice for a traditional wine, but nanners are definitely an option for this type of wine.

I plan to use the entire F-pack. Remember this wine is not for me to drink so much as it's to keep the ladies out of my Winery Series. lol

3 tbls of tannin seeme like a lot:a, but maybe if I make the wine soon it will settle down by next spring:d

Latest posts

Back