I got the fever!

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hello everyone, my name is Doug I'm from Kannapolis NC. I am in the planning stages of a small vineyard/winery. I plan on keeping it small,only producing around 2500 gallons a year. I will be doing fruit and muscadine wines. Any suggestions,comments,or advice is welcomed. :mny

Sounds wonderful! I assume you will start the winery with bought juice until you get your vineyard into production?

Hello everyone, my name is Doug I'm from Kannapolis NC. I am in the planning stages of a small vineyard/winery. I plan on keeping it small,only producing around 2500 gallons a year. I will be doing fruit and muscadine wines. Any suggestions,comments,or advice is welcomed. :mny

Muscadine is SO overdone in NC. There must be 500 muscadine wineries around here.

Go with a better grape.

JMO

Welcome to the forum! Good luck with your new endeavors and keep us informed.

Welcome aboard!!!

Please keep us informed and update with any news or obstacles you come across...

Thanks guys, yes I will buy grapes until my vines produce enough for production. And Doc Southerners enjoy their muscadines. Their are less than 150 vineyards in NC, and most do not use muscadines believe it or not. Hey, gotta start with something.

Muscadine is SO overdone in NC. There must be 500 muscadine wineries around here.

Go with a better grape.

JMO

No I won't say muscadine is overdone, it is what sells and what the public wants. I would not go so far and say "go with a better grape." Each type of grape has it's own following but I would never say one grape is better than another just I like one grape better than another.

Your ip tells me you are coming out of Cleveland. I find that strange that Cleveland would have any wineries there selling muscadine wine.

Go for it. I'm planning on planting some my self. Not on your scale. But was wondering how many vines would I need for like 100 gallons of wine a year

Latest posts

Back