Cellar Craft Chitosan after Kieselsol

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

New Kid

Reaction score
I made another BOOBOO. Couple days ago it was time to stabilize my CC Old Vine Zinfandel. I did not read the instructions well enough and added my Chitosan too soon after my Kieselsol. Instructions said wait an hour. I added it as soon as the Kietisol was stirred in good. What happens to clearing? It is hard to tell if this red wine is clearing well because it is so dark. Instructions say wait 15 days and I know it has only been two, but my white wine cleared really fast. Will I have to add something else or will this be OK in spite of my mistake?
smiley19.gif

I have done hat many of times with this product and it has worked just fine, they actually changed those instructions to waiting an hour between about 1 year ago. Should be just fin, I never wit the hour as I have never had a problem with this product using the old method. I guess when I finally do have a problem i will change over but for now that works for me.

Thanks Wade. I will rest better tonight! BTW, what do you use for labels? The ones that I made on my printer from the glue-backed paper that I got at the "Toy Store" just fell right off. Looks like there was not enough glue.
smiley3.gif

I use George's paper also although it has changed recently. You have to put them on while the bottles are room temp and keep them room temp for a few days or the temp change will make the labels peel as you stated. You can wet them and they will stick fine again though as ive done it a few times until I too learned that lesson.

Back