O/T...what's your wine room look like?

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pete1325

Reaction score
Hi all, sorry for the off topic. I've been thinking about doing something with the space where I do my wine making. It's a 12' x 16' basement area, four concrete walls, doorway and a window under a new room addition we had done a few years ago. It has electric but no plumbing and I'm not planning on running water lines or drainage.

I can tell that some of you take this hobby pretty serious. I'm looking for some idea's and thought I'd ask the pro's. let's see what you folks have in terms of a wine making area for your hobby. Any idea's on what I should do would be appriciated. Thanks.

LOL mine looks like hell right now. I've been buying a ton of juice, five kits waiting to be madr, and I just stopped for lunch half way up to walkers to pick up four more buckets of juice. Too bad you can,t get water and drainage as it is huge in wine making. I will try to post a picture later.

Mine is a shared space in the basement which is storage, laundry, treadmill, extra fridge, furnace....
I have a laundry sink which I think would be a necessary item. Or at least nearby so you can clean and rinse easily.
I have enough room for 2-3 primaries and then 4-5 carboys on a shelf.

wine cellar area is in another part of the basement.

I have limited space but it works for now. Hopefully I can clean out more space and reorganize soon.

Are you serious? My 10x12 room or whatever it is is barely passable. My shelves are filled so now there are cases starting to stack up in the aisles. Starting to feel like Tom. Carboys are starting to make their way into there on another set of shelves for their year aging period.

Next we move over to the laundry area where there are many carboys awaiting racking off of their sediment then off to aging.

Move upstairs to the living room we find more carboys dropping sediment and awaiting moving downstairs.

Finished? No! Go into the kitchen and fine a carboy getting ready to be sweetened and bottled. Turn around and find numerous bottles of extras waiting to be drank.

Our whole hose is a wine room.

It is truly addictive.

I hate to say it but it is probably the worst addiction I've had the pleasure of having. It started out just a bucket and a few jars sitting around, now I've got a whole horse stall full of bottles carboys the likes of well can we say I like to collect stuff. My kitchen has probably has most of the time anywhere from 30 to 60 gallon of carboys and primaries full of wine in one stage or another. I'm in the process of trying to move my operations to the barn as there is plenty of room out there and nobody would ever disturb any of it out there.

I probably have one of the smallest rooms here as its the room with both my furnace and my oil tank. I make pretty good use of the room though IMO.
Like Sirs said Ive spent a lot of money on this hobby but still wish I could fit sink in there. I have a decent slop sink in the next room which is the washer and dryer room but havent had the money or a chance to hook that sink up but hopefully soon. Dont forget to make room for the 1000 or more bottles of wine you will have eventually!!!! Thats a whole other room and a whole other bank accnt!!! Oh, and dont forget to make room for a fridge full of home made beer also!!!\
Picture001-2.jpg

all.jpg

Filter 1.jpg

Filter 3.jpg

Testing Area.jpg

Kegs.jpg

Last edited:
Hi all, thanks for all who replied thus far. I agree, water would be ideal, but cutting, removing concrete, gravel/dirt, installing the injector pit/pump and associated piping is way too much.

Wade-E.........your sick, I'm massively impressed with your set-up!

photo.php

Here's the work table in the crawl space. It works really well. Consistent temp and it keeps everything away from everyone else upstairs.

Believe me when I say mine isnt 1/2 of what some of these others have! It works for me though! Dot forget about the wine cellar though as thats a whole other room that needs attn!!!!!!

LeftSideWithDoorRack.jpg

RightSideCellar.jpg

Ok as I promised earlier here are some pictures. Keep in mind I did not take the time to clean up as this is the busy season so it is what it is. I also took these pictures with my phone.

This is my wine bench and bottling table with wines fermenting...

IMAG0163.jpg

Wines that are aging...

IMAG0164.jpg

Five special edition kits and three buckets of juice waiting to be made...

IMAG0165.jpg

and my wine cellar...

IMAG0166.jpg

IMAG0167.jpg

IMAG0168.jpg

IMAG0169.jpg

I love seeing Dan's place. He's my hero! :try

I started this past August...here...a bucket in the corner...

HumbleBeginnings.jpg

The shelves were already in the house when we moved in two years ago. Now I've built me a table...

100_0475.jpg

I'm also lucky that I have a double sink close by. I can't imagine doing this without water right there. Lots of water.

Impressive!!! Gives me some great idea's for my own wine room(s). Thank you for sharing the pic's.
I am trying to figure out a strategy/set up plan/area in my basement. I've got boxes of everything i need and a little OCD so I want to set this up to go with the flow in how I will use it. Right now I am debating on if I should use the rec room side or the messy side with the garden area/laundry area. Or both :) I am thinking both. The messy side for fermentation since it has the sink and the rec room side for the carboys, bottling and aging.

Impressive!!! Gives me some great idea's for my own wine room(s). Thank you for sharing the pic's.
I am trying to figure out a strategy/set up plan/area in my basement. I've got boxes of everything i need and a little OCD so I want to set this up to go with the flow in how I will use it. Right now I am debating on if I should use the rec room side or the messy side with the garden area/laundry area. Or both :) I am thinking both. The messy side for fermentation since it has the sink and the rec room side for the carboys, bottling and aging.

Go for it! Both! :se
What I'd give to have 1/4th the space DangerDave has.

Latest posts

Back