What's new in your cellar?

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A few wines from a couple weeks ago, haven’t had a chance to label and cellar with all of the fall grape activity. From left to right:

Magnum of 2011 Kathryn Hall Cab (bday gift from Dad)
2015 Aonair Cab Reserve
2015 Aonair Mountains Proprietary Cab Reserve
2014 Chimney Rock Cab - Ganymede
2014 Magnums Volver Tempranillo Single Vineyard ($30, not bad for a WA 92)

We really like the Volver, hard to beat at $14 / 750 ml bottle

5CFBC089-68B2-4863-B552-E70943E5A7F9.jpg

It's The Most Wonderful Time of the Year!

It's The Most Wonderful Time of the Year!

Fall shipping season has officially resumed in these parts. Long live the shipping season! Lots of good juice arrived yesterday including my Saviah Cellars and J. Bookwalter allocations as well as a nice mixed case from Full Pull with selections from Gorman Winery, Secret Squirrel (Bordeaux blend), Ashan Cellars, Two Vintners and Arca Nova. More on the way in the next few weeks! :db

IMG_2668.jpg

IMG_2669.jpg

Last edited:
If you are going with another couple I can highly recommend staying here! Amazing 360 views. Close to WW. Bookwalter has a tasting room in Woodinville (Seattle) but the winery is in Richland (short drive from Red Mountain)which is about an hour away. The winery has a wonderful grounds and restaurant as well. If you are going to go for sure let me know and I will make a call and tell them to take good care of you.

We’ll be flying in to Walla Walla, which will be base camp, hitting wineries from there. Obviously still working out the details, but that’s the general plan for now.

Well I guess you don't have to worry only about wildfire in the West destroying (almost all) of your entire years production........ This loss is easily in the millions of $$$ Not sure how this could have happened in 2017 and wondering if this will have an effect on future bottlings from Cayuse.

Devastating News from Cayuse

Well I guess you don't have to worry only about wildfire in the West destroying (almost all) of your entire years production........ This loss is easily in the millions of $$$ Not sure how this could have happened in 2017 and wondering if this will have an effect on future bottlings from Cayuse.

Devastating News from Cayuse

Jeez, a little wax in the wine? Send it to me, I don't have high standards! :b

IMG_0951.jpg Blessed is the day that the Fall Turley allocation arrives!

Zinfandels : 12 OVZ, 3 Cedarman, 2 each of Dogtown, Fredericks, Hayne, Judge Bell, Pesenti, Salvador, and Ueberroth, 1 each of Hemingway, and Whitney Tennessee.

Petite Syrahs: 4 Hayne, 3 Library, 1 Pesenti.

Now is the hard part, making room...........

Had a nice pic, new system says it’s too big, never had that issue before.

Edit: Finally getting a handle on the pic posting thing. Emailed pics to myself off of the iPad, using the resizing function, and not choosing the thumbnail option when posting...........

Last edited:
I love the description for the 2014 Mount Peak Gravity, I'm sure it is wonderful, but creosote and pen ink..........?

I love the description for the 2014 Mount Peak Gravity, I'm sure it is wonderful, but creosote and pen ink..........?

What, you're not getting pen ink? I am definitely getting some pen ink on the nose here... and, I wouldn't call it creosote exactly, but maybe a hint of naptha and diesel....

What, you're not getting pen ink? I am definitely getting some pen ink on the nose here... and, I wouldn't call it creosote exactly, but maybe a hint of naptha and diesel....

It is very nice, though only one bottle has met it’s fate thus far. Can’t say that either pen ink or creosote jumped out and knocked me down, that’s good, wouldn’t want to have either in my wine.

Hope our tweakers don’t run with this......new breed of wines, Mont Blanc Cabernet, Powerline Merlot comes to mind.....

Having lived in Arizona for 25 years, and now Maryland for 5, I can say that I greatly enjoyed and really miss the smell of creosote after the first summer rains.

Back