Where do you store your equipment?

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mschooley53

Reaction score
Just getting into winemaking and for right now, I have a bottling bucket filled with KMeta and after I use my equipment I rinse it off and drop it in the bucket.

I'd like to find a better place to store them so does anyone have any other clever ideas? The racking came and stirring spoon create a problem because they are taller than the bucket so it would be nice to store them elsewhere.

Just getting into winemaking and for right now, I have a bottling bucket filled with KMeta and after I use my equipment I rinse it off and drop it in the bucket.

I'd like to find a better place to store them so does anyone have any other clever ideas? The racking came and stirring spoon create a problem because they are taller than the bucket so it would be nice to store them elsewhere.

I keep a lot of the things I use regularly in a bucket like yours. Hoses and racking canes just hang to drip dry after they get used/cleaned.

I have a hutch in my basement with drawers and cabinets that hold most of the small items. The larger ones, like racking cane, just sit on the main hutch counter.

I keep a 1 gallon jug with about an inch of K-Meta solution with a cap on. After brushing small items with B Brite, I drop them in the jug and close the cap for about 15 mins. Done.

After using, my equipment (baster, hydrometer, racking cane(s), spoons, etc.) get cleaned with One Step and then just put into a bucket that I keep all necessary tools in. I don't store them in any solution.
When needed, I rinse whatever I am using with hot water and use it.
Never had any problems in 4 yrs.

Doesn't our wine taste better when brewed with equipment that we've had to gather from four corners of the house?
smilie.gif

For me its a combo of bucket and boxes and things hanging on nails all with one corner of my basement.

IMAG0504[1].jpg

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back