How many bottles are in your cellar?

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The cork fits into the "iris". The bottle is too tall. You have to compress the cork with the iris and then quickly insert as much as you can into the bottle before it expands back. Then use the mallet!

They fit in the floor corker? Wow.

I have about 100 homemade bottles, another 120 worth on the go in carboys, plus about 10-15 commercial bottles. I'd like to get upto around 250 in bottle at any given time.

We don't drink a ton of wine just between the two of us, not even a bottle a week. Mostly just open one up for social events and give as gifts.

my wine cellar

I have made 15 bottles of wine and my storage is: 4 reds, 2 grapple and 2 ap-ape. FRan

12 more than there were an hour ago. I took the great recs of @ibglowin and picked up a case of the 2014 Columbia Crest Grand Estates Cabernet Sauvignon. Looking forward to a test drive in the next few days after it settles down a bit and gets down to temp.

12 more than there were an hour ago. I took the great recs of @ibglowin and picked up a case of the 2014 Columbia Crest Grand Estates Cabernet Sauvignon. Looking forward to a test drive in the next few days after it settles down a bit and gets down to temp.

Ha! I'm actually going to pick some up later this morning. The 4 bottles I got a few weeks ago are almost gone. Brought two over to M-I-L's on Christmas day and they went fast.

Took the kids to the airport yesterday (ABQ) so naturally made a Costco run to fill up with cheap gas (still $1.99) and look and see what else they had. Perusing the wine racks and low and behold I stumble onto this bin.....

Damn you Costco. Yes, a few more bottles are in the cellar this AM including a couple of the 2014 CC Grand Estates Cab Sauv. ($7.99)

Fantastic price on everything and I almost ordered this online but never pulled the trigger.

IMG_1913.jpg

Went to TW this morning and ended up walking out with 4 more 2014 Grand Estates Cabs, a bottle of Indian Wells Cab, Pundit Syrah and Intrinsic (which was out of stock the last two times I went). Also grabbed a 4pack of Dogfishead Worldwide Stout.

Have about 300 bottled and another 300 worth in carboys that has been bulk aging about a year and is ready to be bottled.

Latest posts

Back