I need help in Saudi Arabia

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TURKI

Junior
Reaction score
I want to make a red wine but no wine yeast as well as I could not find airlock

I am close to Bahrain Do I find these things in Bahrain?

Any body in Saudi can help me????

If you have grapes - I would believe that you also have wild yeast on them also ?

Do you have bungs ? if so you might be creative and make a S style airlock out of some tubing

Turki,

I spent a number of months in Riyadh and hung out with some British Telecomm mates who were into making bathtub beer so I got to learn how to make alcoholic beverages in an environment where there are resource restrictions and severe penalties.

With access to sugar and fresh/frozen fruit, the Dragon Blood recipe here, might be a good place to start. i don't have an easy answer to a local yeast source, but you can make a simple airlock out of a balloon with a pinprick hole in it. i used that primitive technique with my first 1 gallon of spiced mead.

I remember a failed attempt to make rice wine where i used Asian yeast balls. They might be available at an Asian food store. That might me something to try as a last resort.

Good luck.

jr

Last edited:
Remember you can always do a wash of your yeast for several times - please google it - very resourceful info

Latest posts

Back