Hello from Montreal, Canada

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
joeswine said:
then I'll wait on nature to take its course,but what about my numbers daniel are they on target or at least close??????????

Sorry I missed your question on the first pass.

14 ABV seems quite high for an ice wine. I would shoot for 9-11, 12 max. How did you measure the ABV? The numbers don't add up. If you started at 35 Brix and are at 24, you have approx 6 ABV.

OK I just took the readings,,see if they make sense,abv 7%,,,,sg 1.050,,rs 13%.........racked i to night ...droped in SUPERKLEER see what happens I'm willing to let it set..I have a Gal anda onegal vessel sitting..........................the Niagara wade took forever in my op pion but patience is notmy stronger suit sometimes but it turned out fine ....

joeswine said:
OK I just took the readings,,see if they make sense,abv 7%,,,,sg 1.050,,rs 13%.........racked i to night ...droped in SUPERKLEER see what happens I'm willing to let it set..I have a Gal anda onegal vessel sitting..........................the Niagara wade took forever in my op pion but patience is notmy stronger suit sometimes but it turned out fine ....

Seems like you are on the right track. You'll have to work on that patience - it's a key skill of any winemaker.
smiley2.gif

Latest posts

Back