Corker problems.

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Not sure what model I have. It looks like your common floor corker and works perfectly. Has no obvious markings on it distinguishing it either. It is blue versus the red I typically see. I guess as long as it works it really doesn't matter.:h

Blue= Italian
Red=Portuguese

I don't know that you can adjust that out of it. There's very little clearance between the plunger and the iris. I think you just have stubborn corks. Are you using cork or synthetic?

Corks. I just looked at a couple that were bottled in Oct and they still have slight dimples. Doesn't really matter too much... maybe that's what the capsules are for?

Even if you do get small dimples from a floor corker its way better then the ones you get from a hand corker, those are some serious dimples!!!!

dimple remover

Wade try this : I was able to stop the dimple - by putting a 1/2 of a wet cottonball on top of the cork prior to pressing it down and all dimples went away

Works Great !!

steve

The dimples my Italian make go way in a couple days. I love my Italian. I got it used when the FOP in the county went under for $40 . Yep the gods were shining on me

To put this thread back on top, I am having issues with my Portugese Corker. The iris is putting a crease in the corks allowing the corked bottle to leak. Is this just a simple case of adjusting the iris or is the corker done???

sounds like I need a new one. Where's the best place to get a corker that will do composite corks?

got a new one and have the older Italian as a back up. Will put the Portugese on craigslist.

I’m needing help with my Portuguese corker. I’m new to corking and the corker is mangling the corks badly. I have no idea how to fix this problem. Any help?

I’m hearing about the plunger being bent too far or the iris bring malaligned but how do I fix these problems? Help???

I’m needing help with my Portuguese corker. I’m new to corking and the corker is mangling the corks badly. I have no idea how to fix this problem. Any help?

I’m hearing about the plunger being bent too far or the iris bring malaligned but how do I fix these problems? Help???

Can you give the following details so we can help you better =

size of corks that you are using
type of corks you are using
picture of problem
type of bottle being used
are you putting them in dry or wet
Do you soak the corks

Thanks
Steve

Latest posts

Back