Fruit Punch Wine (help!)

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ReoZataku

Novice Winemaker
Reaction score
I am wondering what fruit and what amounts would go into the making of fruit punch wine. I have had the worst time trying to find the amounts for fruit punch.

Anyone have any ideas?

Reo

Yes thats what I do. Get at least 5 bags, thaw and put in 2 straining bags in 2 buckets.
Sugar to 1.085
Cote des Blancs yeast.

I
Yes thats what I do. Get at least 5 bags, thaw and put in 2 straining bags in 2 buckets.
Sugar to 1.085
Cote des Blancs yeast.

Hello. I have wanted to make a fruit punch wine as well. How much fruit would I need to make in a 1 gallon carboy and other ingredients Please?

I was thinking fruit punch wine too..

Not sure if anyone's tried it, but there's a wine called Sweet Walter, and to me, it's a sweet fruit punch wine (at least I think it is).. That's what I'd like to make... something similar.

Hello. I have wanted to make a fruit punch wine as well. How much fruit would I need to make in a 1 gallon carboy and other ingredients Please?

Per gallon I'd say get a 4 pound bag (give or take) of frozen fruit at Wallyworld/Costco/Sams/your-neighbor's-freezer/etc. Thaw and mash the fruit. A strainer bag would be good to use. Add enough water/grape-juice/apple-juice/etc to make about 1.25 gallons of must. Check SG with your hydrometer and determine how much sugar to add to raise the SG to the desired value.... 1.0860/1.0900/1.1000/etc. As for k-meta, pectic enzyme, tannin, acids,...use the usual prescribed amounts (though maybe double the PE...or triple it if there is lots of apple, pear, peach in the mix).

I mentioned a hydrometer above. You definitely need one. They are glass and fragile but handle them reasonably gently and they will last a long time. Simple to use and inexpensive, but oh so necessary to ferment wine properly...the #1 wine-making tool. You can make wine without one, but you have much more control over the process if you know what your specific gravity is during the process (it will change).

Basically, I'm finding that the fruits and juices that are added are for flavor, body, mouth feel, etc.,. The combined sugar content of the fruits, juices, and refined sugar determines the alcohol content. The more fruit, the more taste. The more sugar, the more alcohol. And, vise-versus for both. The balance between the two goes a long way to making the wine good. Tannins, pH, acids, all contribute, too, but if you have paint thinner strength alcohol the flavor will be overwhelmed and the acid/pH/etc will do little to correct that. Conversely, if the alcohol is too weak the wine make fall flat and taste more like a sweetened, watered down juice.

To "wing it" without the proper tools you might want to look at Jack Keller's website for lots of wine "recipes". This link starts with a recipe but scroll down below it and you'll find a long list of recipes: Jack Keller's Requested Wine Recipes . Lots of other good information on his website, too!

Best wishes,
Ed

Daft question. What's a fruit punch wine?

It's basically Hawaiian punch like wine... Around here, it usually sold as sweet red wine.

I've got 5 lbs of different fruit... It's just frozen stuff I found cheap at the grocery store, Lemons. Limes, and grape juice concentrate in mine and it tastes like Hawaiian punch, but better, with a aroma that smells like I'm in a mixed berry field. I had my son taste test the must and he was like.. Dad, make some for the fridge, but not as sweet.

I'm not sure what's going on, but yesterday when I 1st made my must, the SG was 1.090. I checked it again, just before pitching the yeast and it was at 1.085. Close enough that I'm not going to add any more sugar...

I am still thinking about adding a couple bananas for body, but I won't unless people here start saying to add bananas.

Latest posts

Back