new from iowa

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

brewmandan

Junior
Reaction score
just thought i'd introduce myself. my name's dan.
i've been home brewing beer now for about 6 or 7 years and have been considering making my own home made wine as well. my thoughts are now is as good a time as any to start.
as i haven't made my first batch of wine yet, i'm sure i'll have plenty of questions to ask. :fsh

Welcome we have a few member from Iowa now look around we have an area for just recipes that might give you an ideal on where to start feel free to ask as many question that you have check out the map area and put yourself on it also you can see how many members we have here on the map

Welcome Brewmandan! What kind of wines do you have in mind? Just ask any questions you have and somone will give you sm=ome very good advice..

Dan, welcome to the wine making forum. We have many great folks here willing to share their experiences and help if you need. When your browsing the forum check out on the home page under tutorials we have some How To's for everyone. There are more coming soon.

You're a beer maker, I may ponder a question of you.

Glad you're aboard Dan.

Welcome Dan, from another also home brewer but yes you should have wine in your inventory also.

thanks for the welcome, everybody!
i think having some good fruit wine on hand with my homebrew would help change things up on the question of "what should i have to drink tonight?". plus, my wife goes through more wine than she beer throughout the year.

:ot: as i'm sure i'll have plenty of questions on making wine, i'm sure there may be some homebrewers here, too, who may have questions about homebrewing beer. that being said, i may have an answer to those questions as well.

Last edited:
Welcome Dan. I remember going to a few wineries around Des Moines. One of them had cats on most of their bottles I think. It was good stuff!

Latest posts

Back