Packlab Experiment with Paklab Italiano kit

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Looks like Amazon, is no longer going to carry these. I was on a every other month delivery for the Sauv Blanc and they canceled my order

What is the shelf life of these packs?
I would like to order some to have on hand for next falls fruit wine projects.

UPDATE on the Cab/merlot blend with "Tuscan" oak cubes.

SG still @1.003-1.004, tastes a bit sweet as well. I added some 4 tsp yeast energizer and a starter of ec-1118. 3 days later still at 1.003.

Guess I am going to have to exersize some wait and see.

keep the update coming. i was not a paklab kit fan until i customized them. i just can't beat the price. with customization, they can be decent table wine for gift and normal consumption.

I was at the local specialty market and found the Achai syrup half off. There were no preservatives in it so I thought "What wine experiment can I do with this" Batch notes are below. At first whiff after adding the syrup it stunk. I mean I thought I wasted a kit. After 2 days of fermentation it smelled pretty normal. At transfer to secondary it smells amazing and tastes pretty good too.

Batch ID Sangiovese
Other ID Reserva Chateaux
Colour Red
Must Type 6.1 L Paklab
Batch Size 23 L
Cost 45
Start Date Aug 29, 2013

Measurements
Date Sugar TA pH SO2 Temp.
Aug 29, 2013 sg 1.100

Additions
Date Quantity Addition
Aug 29, 2013 1 tsp yeast nutrient
Aug 29, 2013 750 ml Sonoma achai black currant syrup
Aug 29, 2013 8 oz dried cherries - bagged
Aug 29, 2013 10 oz Zante Currents - bagged
Aug 29, 2013 1/3 cup med french oak chips - bagged
Sep 02, 2013 1 tsp yeast nutrient

Fermentation
Type Start Date End Date Yeast/Culture
Alcoholic Fermentation Aug 29, 2013 Aug 29, 2013 rc-212

Rackings
Date Note
Sep 03, 2013 Racked to 6 gal bb SG .998

We opened the second case of the batch that started this thread (Rosso Magnifico) and had a bottle for dinner. It has turned into a really nice wine. Has a few wine diamonds, but I can live with that.

Latest posts

Back