Packlab 1st batch bottled!

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FABulousWines

Le Vigneron Heureux
Reaction score
TropicalRieslingBottled.jpg

I used the AllInOne to rack, filter, and bottle. I did two passes with the 1 micron filter. Piece of cake! I only lost about two fingers worth in the overflow bottle. Pic is pretty lousy camera pic and doesn't do the label justice. I tried to use colored bottles for this Riesling, and only one is clear. We each had a half glass left over and toasted our efforts. It tasted excellent with only a bit of harsh finish (K meta I am assuming which should diminish over the next few weeks).

Things I will do different next time: 1) wash bottles day before and sanitize on day of bottling (the washing was the worst). 2) do capsules before labels (some of them got smudged in the process).

Now what to do with that empty primary?...

Congrats! Time to get something into that primary!! ;) Was this the Cornucopia Tropical Reising?

Congrats, FAB! Love the labels and the bottles look great! I have the same kit on deck... just waiting for an empty primary. Once you're hooked, it's hard to keep a primary empty. I'm sure you'll find something to put in it ;-)

Congrats! Time to get something into that primary!! ;) Was this the Cornucopia Tropical Reising?

Yes, that was it! I currently have a CC Showcase Argentine Malbec clearing/aging but since that one is going to need a long time before we consume it, I am thinking of doing a couple Orchard Breezin kits, White Merlot Watermelon and Peach Chardonnay. Once every three months I will do a higher end kit. Next one of those I am considering a Cab Sauv.

At this point I can honestly say this is the best wine I have ever made, LOL. Hopefully I can say that about the next batch too. :i

Congrats! Glad tou are enjoying it.

I am fully behind you on the "pre-washing" as are most of our members, I'm sure. I tend to do 6-12 at a time. Always rinse well once they are empty and leave on the bottle tree to dry. Then, when I have several, I'll soak in oxyclean, de-label and hang on the tree to dry. Then I store them up side down in case boxes. When bottling time arrives, it's just a matter of sanitizing, filling and corking.

Congrats, FAB! Love the labels and the bottles look great! I have the same kit on deck... just waiting for an empty primary. Once you're hooked, it's hard to keep a primary empty. I'm sure you'll find something to put in it ;-)

Hey thanks! If you are interested in astronomy you can see my work at celestialwonders.com. Good luck with the TR; please let me know how it comes out.

I saw that kit on Amazon and was wondering if it was as good as some of the reviews claim because it sounds yummy! Good to know it IS! I
may order it... ;)

Latest posts

Back