Hello from Upper Michigan

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SSNET

Junior
Reaction score
Hi Everyone
My name is Jim, and I have just stared this hobby (ok, lifestyle).
I have brewed beer for several years, but my cousin's husband got me started in wine.
I currently have a C/C Cab in sencondary and can't wait to sample it.

I am retied from the US Navy and airport manager at Schoolcraft County Airport (ISQ). If you are flying in the area, stop by!

My wife and I enjoy a good bottle of wine with dinner, and have recently been into Chilean wines. Man, they make some good stuff down there!

I think my next one will be a Chilean Carmenere, if this one turns out.

Jim

Good luck with the current one Jim. Welcome to the forum. We are always glad to have others stop by and share with us from time to time. Any questions, just ask and you will get some answers. If you think you have the answers for somebody else, share it with us. Glad to have you on board.

Welcome to the forum, Jim. Good Luck with the wine. There are a lot of great people here with incredible experiencefor questions.

SSNET said:
Hi Everyone
My name is Jim, and I have just stared this hobby (ok, lifestyle).
I have brewed beer for several years, but my cousin's husband got me started in wine.
I currently have a C/C Cab in sencondary and can't wait to sample it.

I am retied from the US Navy and airport manager at Schoolcraft County Airport (ISQ). If you are flying in the area, stop by!

My wife and I enjoy a good bottle of wine with dinner, and have recently been into Chilean wines. Man, they make some good stuff down there!

I think my next one will be a Chilean Carmenere, if this one turns out.

Jim

WELCOME !!
smiley32.gif
smiley32.gif
smiley32.gif

2 things
1st a mistake.
smiley19.gif
. that being your wording..YOU SAID "HOBBY".. Hmm most here that it is NOT.. rather, an OBSESSION LOL !

2nd Great selection Carmenere. I make 5 cases a year as well as 5 cases of Malbec from juice. Where are you getting the Carmenere?

I am also a all grainer...

Welcome Jim. Former Navy pilot and retired airline pilot. I've been on this forum all of, maybe a week. Been fermenting almost a year now.

Enjoy the obsession!

v1rotate said:
Welcome Jim. Former Navy pilot and retired airline pilot. I've been on this forum all of, maybe a week. Been fermenting almost a year now.

Enjoy the obsession!

You been fermenting for a year?
smiley36.gif
How are you coming out?
smiley36.gif
Are you gonna be sweet or dry?
smiley36.gif

Sorry v1rotate I couldn't resist
smiley36.gif

Welcome SSnet, you are in good company here and as you can see we have a sense of humor here also!

You been fermenting for a year?
smiley36.gif
How are you coming out?
smiley36.gif
Are you gonna be sweet or dry?
smiley36.gif
</font>
Depends on who you ask. I think I am coming out fairly sweet, but SWMBO says...

hello all new comers to the group remember no matter how you get there the final word is how does it taste,taste and taste.

Welcome SSNET,

Thank youfor your service to this country!

Malbec is becoming one of my favorites from Chile, haven't tried the Carmenere yet.

Enjoy

Tepe I get malbec from the liquor store, so far. Just had it at the last wine club and it will be on the list to make.

Oh I thought you made it. Look for a kit or some juice. Hmmm.....

PerhapsI should explain my username.

SSN- is the USN designation for Submarine, Nuclear

ET- is the USN designation for Electronics Technician
(my job in the Navy for 20 yrs)
Put the two together= SSNET

Regards
Jim

Well THANK YOU for your duty to our country.
Sometines I wunder what some of our "names" mean. Thanks for explaining yours.

I made the RJS Chilean Cru Select Malbec which was a limited edition then and it is awesome, it is now 1 of their everyday collection which is good cause im starting to run low!

Latest posts

Back