Had my first wine tasting

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

boozinsusan

Reaction score
I was surprised a little. One, that the white grape/peach (from concentrate) turned out exactly as I wanted - kind of like a wine cooler. (so if it turned out like I thought, I must be learnin' )
My apple cyser will need some time - has a real "bite" to it.... I spiced 2 gallons with ginger, cloves, and cinnamonand am LOVING that! It is actually inspiring me to make a ginger wine maybe......

The mint was the real surprise. I didn't think I would like it, but it turned out pretty dry, with a hint of mint. LOVE IT! I can imagine it in orange juice at sunday brunch, or with lemonade or iced tea in the afternoon out in the yard.....

The green tomato still has a "bite" too.

I forgot to taste the grapefruit - d'oh!

Apple tends to take a bit to come around, just put it in a corner and revisit it next year.
Really glad the mint turned out so well, that one is still on my to do list.

So, did you have this tasting by yourself or did you have some friends in?

That tasting was by myself - I was a little worried to have friends over to taste vinegar...... LOL

Don't worry, I have PLENTY of volunteers to help me with the next one.

And yes, I will be making a 5 gallon batch of mint this summer or fall......

Since the tasting, I got a shipment from George, and oaked the green tomato with light toast American Oak.

Latest posts

Back