Vinmetrica 300

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tingo

Reaction score
Hello all. I'm not sure if anyone can help me. I bought a vinmetrica-300 and am already having problems. After pressing power, mode selection cannot be made. I press the button, hear it click, and yet nothing. I've replaced batteries. Tried with/without electrodes. The whole nine. Any ideas? Am i missing something?

Hello all. I'm not sure if anyone can help me. I bought a vinmetrica-300 and am already having problems. After pressing power, mode selection cannot be made. I press the button, hear it click, and yet nothing. I've replaced batteries. Tried with/without electrodes. The whole nine. Any ideas? Am i missing something?

Have you called them? I have not had that problem but they are very helpful.

Ok I wrote an email and left a voice message. I will post my results incase another fellow winemaker runs into this particular dilemma again.

Ok here is my results. Rich from vinmetrica called me back. Apparently sometimes the laminated front is too snug to allow a button to depress enough. The remedy was to take a piece of electrical tape and place it over the button and pull on it to get the front plate to lift up a bit. After three attempts it worked like a charm. The front laminate is now loose enough to allow proper movement of the switch.

Is this a design flaw? Are they going to recall these? For what you pay for this little instrument you shouldn't have to use a piece of tape on it in order to get it to work!

headshake.gif

Albert was my cousin. Albert Weinstein that is...from the Bronx. :)

Back