Death Row Doggies

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

K&GB

Reaction score
So I know my new wine puppies are cute and all, but I'm sorry to report that they have an evil streak. We've been experimenting with letting them loose in the house for short periods while we're away, as opposed to putting them in their kennels. At some point, Gina will go back to work, and we'll both be gone during the day. So we don't want them locked up all day, and it's just too darn hot for them to stay outside.

Anyway, I was looking through my wine journal for potential candidates to try out my new Buon Vino filter, and I guess I left the journal out where the dogs could get at it. Gina went to run an errand for about an hour, adn upon her return she found the pieces of my wine journal scattered all acorss the living room. I mean, an actual paper shredder couldn't have done a more efficient job! There's nothing left! All my notes on every wine I've made to date...GONE!!!
smiley19.gif

So I wanted to kill the dogs immediately, but Gina's calm head prevailed. We banished them to the back yard for the rest of the evening, despite the heat, and Gina collected all the tiny pieces of my journal into a bag. SHe says she plans to try and piece some of it together later, but I don't see how. I've told her as far as I'm concerned, the dogs are officially on death row. But Gina says that in our justice system, the dogs will die of old age before they exhaust all their appeals.

We'll See...

Thats why I enter it all in my computer and then onto a disk or you can even print it out. If you have a scanner then you could write it out as you go and then scan it in. Sorry to hear that though and hopefully you didnt have a super great recipe in their that cant be duplicated.

My condolences for your loss. I once had all my beer recipes/session notes/final notes on my home computer. That hard drive crashed. I lost every single bit of brewing from my 6 years (unknown number of batches...almost 100) of hobbying. I now keep everything saved on the hard drive, a flash drive, and I write the ingredient list down in a notebook.

Now that I've started wine, I'm glad I started this process.

Again, I'm sorry for your loss and I feel your pain.

Who is your real
friend?
</span>
20090604_052900_dogs.gif

</span>

</span>
If you don't believe
it, just try this experiment.</span>

</span>
Put your dog and your
spouse in the trunk of the car for an hour.

When you open the trunk, who
is really happy to see you?</span>

</span>

That.....is profound!!!! I am betting on the dog, Jobe. haha

Who should be in the dog house, my friend?? Please reread your message. 2nd paragraph, first sentence. "I guess I left the journal out where the dogs could get it....."

I am your puppies lawyer.
smiley36.gif
smiley36.gif
smiley36.gif

They are still puppies, puppies chew. I'll bet they were having the best of times with that journal, wee this is fun thanks master for leaving us this chew toy. Just trying to keep the humor
smiley1.gif
. We lost a couch, wood chair, end table but then snap grew out of it thank goodnes.

Now time to start over with the record keeping.

Good one Jobe!

I have backups everywhere, on the home server, CDs, portable HD, my IPOD, and my phone. Hubby lost all his beer notes when his HD crashed. For some unknown reason I had back ups on my computer.
We were very lucky with our pup, he really loves homework papers! Boys learned fast.........
VC

You just made me back up my recipes to a jump drive.

I used to have a boxer that chewed everything. I learned quickly not to leave anything out for him. When he was a puppy it was way worse than when he got older. He chewed up toilet paper, sunglasses, sofa legs, anything he could get his jaws around.

You people ought to try feeding your dogs food!
smiley36.gif
When mine was a puppy he would eat at the sheetrock wall and door jamb. I was lazy and left it to exposed to him 1 day before work and came home to him almost looking at me as he eat a hole through the sheetrock,through stiff insulation board, and a small hole in the plywood behind it pretty much exposing the vinyl siding in 1 spot. You should have seen the piles in the yard after about 8 hours, he sure got his fiber!

Just don'tgive them a ham bone to chew on, it looked like peach pits coming out and the howlin.

Yeah yeah, I know. It's my fault for leaving the #^$% thing out. I've granted a stay of execution for the wine puppies...lol.

You know, I HATE to write things out by hand. My penmanship is terrible, and I'm basically lazy. So I initially intended to type my journal on the computer. But I was concerned about losing the info if/when the computer crashes, etc. So I went ahead and wrote it all out by hand, every darn kit and fresh fruit wine I ever made. It just never occurred to me that the "Dogs would eat my homework!"
smiley5.gif

Ken, your blueberry wine recipe is still here in a thread. I pulled it off to use as my recipe guide. At least you have 1 recipe,
smiley1.gif

Ken,
Don't you just hate it when you get punished for leaving things out where they don't belong?
smiley9.gif
Good thing that we don't have dogs! I wouldn't have anything left!
smiley36.gif

Latest posts

Back