Vineco Chocolate Port

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cpfan

Reaction score
Yet another company (my favourite Vineco) has announced a Chocolate Port. This one is without fruit flavours, ie plain chocolate. And, yes, mostly available in Canada.

For Chocolate Lovers Only,
Introducing KenRidge Showcase Limited Release Chocolate Port. Just in time for holiday winemaking our new rich Chocolate Port satisfies the soul and indulges the palate. This full flavoured dessert wine pairs the traditional port character with rich chocolate truffle flavours and a hint of black cherry. It's well rounded structure boasts notes of vanilla with a finish that is pure chocolate decadence. Ruby red in colour with a bittersweet chocolate aroma of our full flavoured port is a perfect and easy ending to any holiday party or indulgent evening alone. Food pairings: Delicious on its own or served with creme brulee, tiramisu or chocolate dipped biscotti. Sweetness: 9 / Body: 5 / Alcohol by Volume: 16% / Single strength 12 litre kit

Pre-order by July 6. Available August 10, 2009. (Dates apply to Canadian dealers). Thanks to Steve (a retailer in Calgary) for the info.

Steve

Thanks for the info! Will try to get my hands on a kit.

Presumably the same as all port & sherry kits. 30 bottles.

That's 30 375ml bottles or 15 750ml bottles or 11.5 litre bottles.

BTW, where in Sask? If you're near Regina, I bet John at Wine Cellar will be very helpful.

Steve

Last edited:
Steve I have never made a port or sherry kit just curious it sounds like it could be tasty.

I am 4.5 hours from Regina do not make very many trips there I am closer to the alberta border but the next time I go to Regina will have to look up John.

Steve I have never made a port or sherry kit just curious it sounds like it could be tasty.

I am 4.5 hours from Regina do not make very many trips there I am closer to the alberta border but the next time I go to Regina will have to look up John.
In that case, you probably visit Calgary occasionally. You should check out the Wine Warehouse there. http://www.thewinewarehouse.ca/home I've never been in this store, but my brother has shopped there, and the owner (another Steve) is who told me about this chocolate port.

Steve

Hey fellow wine makers :) I'm new here and just wanted to add a little info. I just talked to Bacchus and Barleycorn in Kansas and they will be getting a Chocolate Raspberry Port as well at the end of September. Its by WineExpert. I ordered one and am super excited :)

I just re-read your comments and maybe you already discussed this...I didn't look back that far :)

Anywho...have a great day!!!

Latest posts

Back