Welches cocktails concentrate?

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

smikes

Reaction score
So I went to the store, intent on making a quick wine to tide my wife and I over while I let my real wines sit.I told her about people saying the 100% concord concentrate makes decent wine quick,and while filling the cart up she says"Ohh !Berry Sunsplash! Thats the wine I want you to make!"

So I start to say about the 100% juice is one thing and the sunsplash is a cocktail with 15% juice with added water and corn syrup, and she gives me the sad face.......

SO..here's what I did.

Took 12 cans of the cocktail and three cans of 100% white grape concentrate.
Heated 1/2 gal water to disolve 6.25 lbs sugar

Threw it all in fermenter and brought water to 5 gal mark.
Added 2 tsp pectic
2 tsp grape tannin
9 tsp acid blend
(from some online receipe)

Used rehydrated d-47

Sg was 1.100

Bubbling away pretty good, but now wonder what it will be like. I am thinking might be real thin.

Can I still dump in some golden raisens?

Any changes I can still make?

What would you expect this to turn out like?

Thank you in advance!!

It might be a little thin.....but, might be high in alcohol.

Perhaps you could start another batch of Welch's [something] and blend them at the end.....

We like the wine from Welch's juices.....Waiting for a good sale to stock up on more juices.....
smiley4.gif

Edited by: Northern Winos

Check these cans for sorbate or benzoate as that will hinder fermentation and may not let it ferment at all.

Regardless of the wine, or how it comes out, you did the right thing, you involved your misses in a great hobby!

This reminds me of a JW move.
smiley36.gif

Get the wife convinced that wine making is the greatest thing, get her hooked to some degree, let her ideas fail, then prove to her that you are the master and need no assistance, what you say is gospel!

Good move Smikes!
smiley32.gif
Just make sure that wine doesn't turn out well......
smiley36.gif

Edited by: jobe05

I cannot let a wine fail!!!

Or at least I will not admit it!

I ended up chopping 1 lb of golden raisens and added.It is bubbling away!

She has an on again off again interest in my "hobby".

She loves the idea of a case of mixed wine Christmas presents once everything has aged.

Tried some of my strawberry that I thought I ruined this summer,and much to my surprise it taste great even though it is still young (4months).
Racked my banana and tasted that, hope that changes !It is still dropping alot of sediment . I want to blend some of that with some strawberry.

Latest posts

Back