Red Solo Cup + AllInOne =

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

vacuumpumpman

Vendor
Sponsor
Reaction score
Upon request – I came up with this little device in order to hold all your small pieces of equipment when not in use.

It can also be used to hold your splash racking cane or bottling attachment while using them –

All I did is screw (#6 * ¾’’) a solo cup to the top with a fender washer. You can add a bit of silicone to the top of the screw and use a small piece of paper towel or a small plastic bag to catch any drippings from the racking cane and or the bottle filler.

20141207_112433 [300x400].jpg

20141207_113229 [400x300].jpg

20141207_111948 [400x300].jpg

How much for the Red Solo Cup? Do you have it in Burgundy to match the AIO? - jk

Well - ?

To answerer both of your questions -

I never laugh at those redneck jokes - LOL

You have to supply your own Solo Cup - mine are already spoken for -
There all in the China cabinet - LOL

Last edited:
Can I send my AIO back to you for this upgrade, and how much is it?

Does the upgrade only work with an "official" red solo cup?
or can I use the generic, store brand equivalent?

But, I may be tempted to go with something like this: (These are the cups)

A cup like that came with my drink at the movie theater. It is a little tall for the AIO. Maybe I can send the AIO and the cup to steve for him to attach. I'm sure he can cut the top off the cup to get it to better match the AIO.

Last edited by a moderator:
On a more serious note ...

How about a piece of 3" PVC pipe that is screwed onto the back (kind of like how the bottle holder is screwed onto the front.

Thats all good and all Rich
Just not sure how much of a need for this ?
I had a couple of past customers mention how nice it would be to have a container to hold their equipment.
The cup in the front does not have a bottom so it would get the top of their pump all nasty and all. I thought of a basket and same problem as stated above.

The cup in the front does not have a bottom so it would get the top of their pump all nasty and all.

If you are concerned about that, then a 3" PVC cap is what you want.
611942038589lg.jpg

Good idea !
Now all I need - is to find out if there is enough need for something like this ?

Great idea. I think I will take a look at a 4" cap and a piece of tubing about 6" long. If the cap is rounded, I'll just chuck it into the lathe to machine a flat spot to keep it from rocking.

Swap out the 3/4" screw for a 1", pre-drill the AiO mounting surface and the cap center, but still use the fender washer to distribute any applied force.

Swap out the 3/4" screw for a 1", pre-drill the AiO mounting surface and the cap center, but still use the fender washer to distribute any applied force.

Actually theres no need to predrill the AIO as it is plastic and you wont have a hole going all the way thru the board in case there is any leakage so it will not get the motor wet.

You can always use a belt sander to flatten out the roundness of the end cap - for those who do not have access to a lathe

Please show us pics when finished

I'm trying to come up with an idea of a basket that hangs off
the back of the unit ?

Looks like there is some interest on this idea

Great idea. I think I will take a look at a 4" cap and a piece of tubing about 6" long. If the cap is rounded, I'll just chuck it into the lathe to machine a flat spot to keep it from rocking.
I know I'm late to the party on this, but I'm new to the site and was going through old threads and figured I could offer another suggestion.

If you haven't purchased anything yet, try looking into 4" sewer and drain pipe and cap. The cap is much flatter on the bottom and much cheaper than the standard schedule 40 cap and pipe. It is also thinner and lighter. Here's an example. I don't think the picture is accurate, but that should be it. The tricky part would be getting a short piece of tubing though. It generally comes in long pieces.

That's half a solution I guess, or perhaps a cheaper alternative to what you proposed since you'd still have to come up with a short piece of tubing either way.

Seems to me that if that hose coming up through that self on which the cup is placed could be rerouted through a side then there would be no end of possibilities to mounting an equipment holder. Could likely come up with several simple holder designs that would not require any drilling or hardware just a simple slip on loose friction fit.

Bill
I really don't want to change the position of the hose just yet - The accessory holder might get in the way of the round hole which is used as a handle.

I do have 6'' from the hose to the back of the top piece.
I believe that is more than enough room to carry any and all accessories - looking for ideas on that idea. The width would be around 5''

Latest posts

Back