First Label/label review/foils cap application

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pioneergirl

Reaction score
I love so many of the labels I see on this category, but I don't have that much free time and I am not that creative and not good at searching. I decided to go with wine labels direct and decided to go with the following label. For 30 labels at approx $25 which included shipping was a decent price and I think the quality is very good. The label itself is smooth and picturesqe, plasticy/filmy type of "paper"; it is not paper or at least does not feel like paper or parchment texture; label will leave a marked crease if bent or removed too hastily from sheet. I also purchased some heat shrink "foil" caps at approx 10 cents ea. Had some fails with hot water and hair dryer as they were not hot enough - they shrank, just not perfect. I then put a pot on the stove and had rapidly boiling water and that worked like a charm! And very quickly too. Before I applied labels I wiped bottles with paper towel doused with rubbing alcohol. During label application I realized that there really is, imo, a front and a back of a bottle; the back being the marked area with measurement (750ml) and the front bottom has raised bumps - I could be totally wrong here - but that is how I am seeing it - note to file. Here they are:

Carolina Cellars.jpg

carolina cellars2.jpg

Looks very nice. Like the dark label and capsule combo!

Nicely done. Very professional looking and as others have said I like the color combination of the label and foil.

Funny, I just assumed you were from Carolina then noticed Idaho on the bottom of the label.

:slp

Funny, I just assumed you were from Carolina then noticed Idaho on the bottom of the label.

:slp

Yes, my husband gave me crap about this too....This is the name my mother calls me:p -- it's the latin/spanish version of my name, Carolyn (my side of the family is latin); I think I am the only one who gets it....but for now I am okay with that. I may reconsider future naming.

I like the name, Carolyn. I wouldn't change a thing. It adds that real, personal touch to your wines.

Latest posts

Back