Corn Whiskey Wine

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pbrblue

Reaction score
I just bottled a new batch of Corn Whiskey wine and I'll be starting a new batch near the end of July. Is anyone interested in seeing the progress? If so I'll post the pictures of each step.It's a really great wine and about the least expensive type to make,but the starch clearing is a pain!

So, does it taste like corn whiskey? What's in it? I am having trouble imagining what it tastes like.

It's kinda' like a chardonay. Rather light. The alcohol is bumped up to 13 - 14% so be carefull. It will kick your butt if you don't watch it.

Tried some of that in Panama.

I don't think they knew what they were doing.

Milk colored and raw. Liked to spit it clear across the road we were building.

They all had a good laugh.

As soon as I get some extra time I'll post the pic's from the batch I just bottled. I make it for my wife "what's her name". She drinks the wine and is VERY picky. Needless to say she didn't care for the carrot wine I did a few years ago. Although I made a new batch last year just for the heck of it and she agreed to try it with an open mind. It'll be ready next month.
P. S. Don't bother making potato wine. It's only good for cleaning toilets! I KNOW!

I don't know about straight potato wine, but my recipe for Brandywine had potatoes, and cracked wheat, and oranges
smiley32.gif
and lemons,
smiley20.gif
and malt,
smiley36.gif
and it is coming out fantastic.
smiley31.gif
Straight potatoes would be just boring.
smiley5.gif
I hear tomato wine and onion wine are novel, too. I made a batch of tomato jam, from an OLD family recipe, and it was better than I expected.

But if the potato wine does a good job on the toilets...might be worth making a batch.

I can't put up any pictures. I don't know why. HTTP Error. If any one knows how I can fix it let me know.

It worked for me. The file should be under 150kb which usually requires resizing and it can not have commas, hyphens or any of that stuff and should be Jpeg, or gif.

OK, I finally have 30 minutes to spare to try this again. This is the 4th time I tried this. Joined photobucket. If I kew the TIME and expense this was going to be I wouldn't even have mentioned it. If the pctures go through great. (I don't know how to do it ) If not, well then It will be a week or more untill I have more time. So far 3+ hours to do this.
th_Wineroom2_edited.jpgt=1276304151
th_WineRoom1_edited.jpgt=1276304151
th_Fermenttable_edited.jpgt=1276304151
th_CornWhiskeycarboy_edited.jpgt=1276304151
th_CornWhiskeybottles_edited.jpgt=1276304151
th_Cornwhiskey21_edited.jpgt=1276304151
I don't believe it something worked!!!!!! Although everything is backwards there is the carboy of corn whiskey. The fermention table which was my wife's "potting bench" which she didn't use for 4 years. Now it's mine. The bottled "product". I've been using some of these bottles for 8+ years. The lable. It's color coded for the year. (these bottles set for a year before use.That way I can tell by the year what is ready). And the "wine room". Used to be a cold cellar but was never used as that. WOW I don't believe it. I spent weeks trying to do this!

Photo bucket works better but like Runningwolf said you cant delete them from Photobucket or move them or the link becomes no good. Using the downloader on this site takes a little longer and the file usually has to be downsized requiring a picture resizer. If you are interested in this free resizer respond to this post, if you would like me to put the pics up for you pm me and ill do it for you no problem.

The first 3 times I tried it I did it exactly that way. Although the 1st. time the size was too big so I had to spend an hour re-sizing. Then find time to postagain. How the heck do I get them from photobucket to here? When I tried I'd right click, pick copy. Came back yo the message and pasted. Everything looked great. But when I posted it nothing came up. Let me try another one again. No more time left
20100612_204601_Corn_Whiskey_ca.JPG

Latest posts

Back