Pyment

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dfwwino

Reaction score
I contemplated making a pyment with George's suggested use of an Island Mist kit with 6 lbs of honey. But I've decided I want my pyment to emphasize the honey characteristics. So I am contemplating taking a Vintner's reserve 10 liter kit or Vinefera Noble 10 liter kit, splitting the kit in half. I will use 5 liters of the kit concentrate for my pyment with 12 pounds of honey to make a 5 gallon batch of pyment. I will take the remaining 5 liters of concentrate and make a 3 gallon batch of wine. That way I'll have 25 bottles of pyment and 15 bottles of wine. Now I just have to decide which type of juice to use for the pyment.

DFW do you have The Compleat Meadmaker by Ken Schramm? He has a couple using Riesling. One of them Riesling Pyment can be found on a couple of other forms that they did has a group brew. The results sounded like they were outstanding. Try the Northern Brewer forum in the recipes section.
VPC

Latest posts

Back