Most Popular Brand?

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Which manufacturer do you feel has the best product line?

• Wine Expert

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Mosti Mondiale

• RJ Spangols

• Cellar Craft

• Total voters

MadMan

Junior
Reaction score
OK, I know this is a very vague question and perhaps not even worded properly but what manufacturer has the best product line?

For example, if one were to look at the 'Kit and Wine Making Forum', listed there are the various manufacturers. Leading the pack is WE with 9900 posts; second is Mosti with 3900, next is Spangols with 1200 and lastly is Cellar Craft with 360.

Based on the number of posts it would appear that WE is the most popular with 9900 posts and CC least popular with a measly 360 posts. And then, if you take this one step further, Spangols boasts the most awards so why are they not the most popular or best?

Madman - <---- thoroughly confused

I can not take a vote in this poll as I havent done enough of each product to do a comparison and Im betting that you will find more of these votes. Some of us didnt really have exposure to some of the other manufacturers until recently and the ones that did may not have enough time on the aging of those kits to make that decision. I make mainly RJS kits cause thats what I have available to me locally along with Winexpert an I prefer RJS over them. I have a real strong liking for the grape skin kits.

The number of posts is directly proportional to the length of time the product has been sold at the store here. WE has been sold the longest so has the most votes. I don't think you can read into the number of posts anything more than that.

I can't really vote on one vs. the other. I've liked everything I've made so far by all the manufacturers.

Where is the Heron Bay button ?? If you had one, like everyone else I could not push it because I have not made many of the other kits.

Go Heron Bay!!!!! I think????
smiley24.gif

Heron Bay, formerly, Wine-Art is now owned by Andre's Vineyards, which also owns Winexpert and Vineco. It has produced some very good wines, but consistancy and staying out of bankruptcy court, have tainted its image. Where it will wind up with the new owners is anyone's guess.

Appleman is correct, I started with Winexpert, then added Mosti Mondiale and RJ Spagnols. In October 2008, I started selling Cellar Craft, which explains the post differential. If you would like to discuss the advantages and disadvantages of each brand, don't hesitate to give me a call. There are wine kits in each brand that are right for everyone.

WineExpert is my least favor brand, Mosti certaintly make a good product, RJS has some very nice juice but I prefer Cellar Craft over them all. The grape pack kits whether the 12 L or above always make nice balanced wines.

I can identify my least favorite brand: Winexpert. I just started using Cellar Craft (two kits underway, one waiting for a carboy). Sneak tastes are very good. Mosti Mondiale is better than Winexpert and is probably neck and neck with Cellar Craft. I also don't have enough experience with RJ Spagnols. I've just started an RJS Orange Blossom Muscat. Winexpert is losing ground over time.

OK gentlemen --- this post is going in the right direction. Perhaps the poll should have read, which is your least favorite. I don't know but let's keep talking. We're starting to see a trend here and I want to once again thank everyone.

I just got into winemaking and have thus far made 2 Winexpert kitsand 1 Mosti Mondiale kit. George is going to be sending me my Mosti Modiale Meglione Amarone With Red Raisin kit next week, so I will, very shortly, have made 2 of each.

As far as which one is my most - or least - favorite, it's too early to tell !!!

- GL63

I feel a little bit guilty voting for CC as, i have tried only one MM kit, and have found RJS W/skins to be verry good as well.

My favourite brand is Vineco. I don't really have a least favourite brand. At least not amongst the brands taht I have made. There are a few brands that I have not made.

BTW Andrew Peller Limited (formerly Andres Wines) owns Vineco, Winexpert, and now World Vintners in addition to some commercial wineries. World Vintners owns Wine Kitz and Heron Bay. Vineco and World Vintners are now packaged in the same (formerly Vineco only) facility.

Steve

Latest posts

Back