Parsnip Trouble

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JayEssAre

Junior
Reaction score
Hi all,

I started a batch of parsnip wine back in April, but due to a lack of frozen white grape concentrate in the region I had to try making my own by reducing regular white grape juice. I just tried a sample of the wine and it tastes like liquid raisins. Any suggestions for how to save it?

Hi JayEssAre - and welcome. Easier to help if you offer some more details - what was your recipe and what was the protocol (method) you followed? Thanks

I boiled 12 lbs of parsnips until soft in a little over 3.5 gallons of water, then took out the parsnips and added the liquid to my fermenting bucket along with 8 lbs sugar, waited four hours then added pectic enzyme. Next day I added 25 ounces of the white grape juice reduction, 3 ripe bananas, zest and juice of six lemons, 1.5 teaspoons of grape tannin, nutrient and Lalvin EC 1118. Left it in the bucket for four days, then racked it into a carboy. I racked it again after four weeks and just racked it once more last week, which is when I tried the batch and noticed the raisiny flavor. I haven't checked s.g.

Latest posts

Back