Register Now!

Wine Making & Grape Growing Forum > Wine Making > Wine Cellar & Storage Forum > New Wine Room

Old 06-26-2016, 11:32 AM   #161
Johnd
Middle Aged Member

Jun 2015
Liked 1365 Times on 793 Posts
Likes Given: 842

Quote:
Originally Posted by Floandgary View Post
Dunno why I expected to see a door with a "peep-hole" instead of huge glass???? LOL
Definitely more appropriate, that's just the door that was there when it was my exterior door. It's insulated, so it'll work for now, but I intend to replace it once the inside gets finished. I'd like to have a really nice wine room door, they're quite pricey, but it's towards the end of the want list at the moment.

Politics is the gentle art of getting votes from the poor and campaign funds from the rich, by promising to protect each from the other - Oscar Ameringer

Old 06-27-2016, 06:51 AM   #162
Floandgary
Bottle at a time

Dec 2012
Liked 275 Times on 208 Posts
Likes Given: 264

Gotcha!!! Just poking fun!! Your project reflects insight and thorough planning as well as genuine craftsmanship. Congratulations! Oh BTW,,,, detailed plans/blueprints are available when and where???? LOL

Old 06-27-2016, 06:57 AM   #163
Johnd
Middle Aged Member

Jun 2015

Quote:
Gotcha!!! Just poking fun!! Your project reflects insight and thorough planning as well as genuine craftsmanship. Congratulations! Oh BTW,,,, detailed plans/blueprints are available when and where???? LOL
Feel free to comment!!! Your comment was also very true, the door doesn't fit the room!! Everyone's comments have challenged me and made the project better than if I was doing it in my own little bubble.

All of the elevations are in this thread a few pages back, but I'll get some detailed info on the rack and bottle holder spacing posted here pretty soon. I'm leaving in a couple of days on a cruise and trying to tie up a lot of loose ends, so if it doesn't happen before I leave, I promise to post a couple of dimensioned sketches when I return.

Politics is the gentle art of getting votes from the poor and campaign funds from the rich, by promising to protect each from the other - Oscar Ameringer

Old 06-27-2016, 07:00 AM   #164
mennyg19

Jun 2016
Liked 118 Times on 70 Posts
Likes Given: 3

Quote:

Check out the 60th post on this thread. John posted his blueprints.

Old 06-27-2016, 07:08 PM   #165
Scooter68
Fruit Wine Lover (And Part-time PITA)

Aug 2015
Liked 263 Times on 210 Posts
Likes Given: 237

Whew Quite an undertaking BUT - Is this guy on this forum:http://scribol.com/a/lifestyle/dude-...rd-awesome/20/

This is the ultimate "Wine Forever" Wine cellar.
Gotta say some folks go all in for their projects.

hounddawg Likes This 
Old 06-27-2016, 07:18 PM   #166
Johnd
Middle Aged Member

Jun 2015

Better evening today than Friday, replaced the panel on the right with the new 3/8" panel and.........BINGO!!!!!
image.jpg  

Old 06-27-2016, 07:19 PM   #167
Johnd
Middle Aged Member

Jun 2015

So after that lesson, we were a little more conservative with the fit of the big diamond unit.......
image.jpg  

Old 06-27-2016, 07:22 PM   #168
Johnd
Middle Aged Member

Jun 2015

And we got the carboy storage into the room and set in place. All three new pieces need to be anchored and trimmed out, but damn they look good just being in there.
image.jpg  

People Like This 
Old 06-27-2016, 09:49 PM   #169
hounddawg
dawg

Oct 2014
Liked 233 Times on 178 Posts
Likes Given: 1260

whew you set a high bar to say the least, that's bitching nice for lack of better words,
Dawg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnd View Post
And we got the carboy storage into the room and set in place. All three new pieces need to be anchored and trimmed out, but damn they look good just being in there.
KNOW YOUR BIBLE, LET NOT THOu BE LEAD ASTRAY BY THE WICKED,,,''' ALWAYS DO THE LEADING DOWN THE WIDE CROOKED PATH ON THE HYWAY TO HELL YOU'LL GET THERE ALOT QUICKER IF THATS THE PATH YOU HAVE CHOSEN, THAT WAY IT IS YOUR OWN FAULT,,

Reason: spelling

People Like This 
Old 06-27-2016, 09:58 PM   #170
hounddawg
dawg

Oct 2014
Liked 233 Times on 178 Posts
Likes Given: 1260

does the carboy rack give you room to use a wine thief on your carboy,
Dawg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnd View Post
KNOW YOUR BIBLE, LET NOT THOu BE LEAD ASTRAY BY THE WICKED,,,''' ALWAYS DO THE LEADING DOWN THE WIDE CROOKED PATH ON THE HYWAY TO HELL YOU'LL GET THERE ALOT QUICKER IF THATS THE PATH YOU HAVE CHOSEN, THAT WAY IT IS YOUR OWN FAULT,,