Register Now!

Pick a Wine Kit & Win a Wine Kit Giveaway

Wine Making & Grape Growing Forum > Wine Making > Kit Winemaking > Vineco Kenridge Showcase Line

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 02-09-2016, 03:39 PM   #11
ibglowin
Moderator
 
ibglowin's Avatar
 
Jul 2009
Posts: 16,606
Liked 3588 Times on 2043 Posts
Likes Given: 1130


I spoke to a VERY reliable source today who said that line is sole sourced from Kraus in the US. I think your guy was mistaken on which Vineco line he gave you a quote on.

Quote:
Originally Posted by geek View Post
Have you checked other vendors from this page:

http://www.vinecowine.com/find-a-ret...nited%20States

For example, I called a local retailer in CT (about 30 miles from me) and they carry this line of wine kits, I asked specifically about KenRidge and they quoted me $150

Also, their whites seem to also be 16L of juice, wondering what is the difference between KenRidge and Cellar Craft, both from Vineco.
__________________
Mike

Disclaimer:
The opinions expressed in this forum are strictly my own,
and should not be construed as the opinion or policy
of WineMakingTalk.com or its owners


"Killing grapes one cluster at a time since 2009" - Visit the Château!

Location: Lost Almost, NM

 
Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2016, 03:50 PM   #12
geek
Junior Member
 
geek's Avatar
 
Sep 2012
Posts: 4,002
Liked 807 Times on 505 Posts
Likes Given: 1553


Quote:
Originally Posted by ibglowin View Post
I spoke to a VERY reliable source today who said that line is sole sourced from Kraus in the US. I think your guy was mistaken on which Vineco line he gave you a quote on.
Well, I guess anything is possible but their webpage shows that they carry this line and the guy I spoke to on the phone a few minutes ago seemed to know well, I asked him about the CC Showcase as well and he seemed to know what he was talking about.

http://www.bwmwct.com/products/wine/
__________________
Varis.

Don Amado Cellars

 
Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2016, 04:11 PM   #13
ibglowin
Moderator
 
ibglowin's Avatar
 
Jul 2009
Posts: 16,606
Liked 3588 Times on 2043 Posts
Likes Given: 1130


It would be great if they did but CT is a weee bit far from me and I bet they don't offer "flat rate" shipping either!
__________________
Mike

Disclaimer:
The opinions expressed in this forum are strictly my own,
and should not be construed as the opinion or policy
of WineMakingTalk.com or its owners


"Killing grapes one cluster at a time since 2009" - Visit the Château!

Location: Lost Almost, NM

 
Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2016, 04:43 PM   #14
cpfan
Senior Member
 
cpfan's Avatar
 
Nov 2006
Posts: 4,852
Liked 176 Times on 153 Posts
Likes Given: 35


Quote:
Originally Posted by geek View Post
For example, I called a local retailer in CT (about 30 miles from me) and they carry this line of wine kits, I asked specifically about KenRidge and they quoted me $150

Also, their whites seem to also be 16L of juice, wondering what is the difference between KenRidge and Cellar Craft, both from Vineco.
Note that there are TWO KenRidge lines...KenRidge Classic and KenRidge Showcase. Make sure that the answer was about the right line.

Originally you asked about an "alternate sourced" kit. Since Vineco and Winexpert are both owned by Global Vintners, it is possible that the source is the same.

Steve
__________________
the procrastinating wine maker in the Niagara Region of Ontario Canada
"Visual signs of fermentation are highly overrated"

 
Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2016, 05:33 PM   #15
geek
Junior Member
 
geek's Avatar
 
Sep 2012
Posts: 4,002
Liked 807 Times on 505 Posts
Likes Given: 1553


Quote:
Originally Posted by ibglowin View Post
It would be great if they did but CT is a weee bit far from me and I bet they don't offer "flat rate" shipping either!
Any trips around here?
__________________
Varis.

Don Amado Cellars

 
Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2016, 05:35 PM   #16
geek
Junior Member
 
geek's Avatar
 
Sep 2012
Posts: 4,002
Liked 807 Times on 505 Posts
Likes Given: 1553


Mike, why don't you drop them an email and check, you never know...
__________________
Varis.

Don Amado Cellars

 
Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2016, 05:41 PM   #17
Tetrarch
Junior Member
 
Nov 2014
Posts: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by geek View Post
Have you checked other vendors from this page:

http://www.vinecowine.com/find-a-ret...nited%20States

For example, I called a local retailer in CT (about 30 miles from me) and they carry this line of wine kits, I asked specifically about KenRidge and they quoted me $150

Also, their whites seem to also be 16L of juice, wondering what is the difference between KenRidge and Cellar Craft, both from Vineco.
€130 ($135) on this side of the pond and worth it.

 
Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2016, 06:54 PM   #18
ibglowin
Moderator
 
ibglowin's Avatar
 
Jul 2009
Posts: 16,606
Liked 3588 Times on 2043 Posts
Likes Given: 1130


I just racked off the fines last night from an Eclipse NZ Sauv Blanc so I am good for awhile but I am always on the lookout for another source for NZ Sauv Blanc as that is some special juice.

Quote:
Originally Posted by geek View Post
Mike, why don't you drop them an email and check, you never know...
__________________
Mike

Disclaimer:
The opinions expressed in this forum are strictly my own,
and should not be construed as the opinion or policy
of WineMakingTalk.com or its owners


"Killing grapes one cluster at a time since 2009" - Visit the Château!

Location: Lost Almost, NM

 
Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2016, 07:47 PM   #19
geek
Junior Member
 
geek's Avatar
 
Sep 2012
Posts: 4,002
Liked 807 Times on 505 Posts
Likes Given: 1553


I think I am going to check and buy a bottle at the liquor store (if I can find it) of Sauv Blanc for that specific region.
I like my whites a bit off dry, but it may be interesting to taste this varietal, which btw I don't have any experience with.
If you say NZ Sauv Blanc is good, I got to believe it....
__________________
Varis.

Don Amado Cellars

Boatboy24 Likes This 
Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2016, 08:16 PM   #20
Boatboy24
No longer a newbie, but still clueless.
 
Boatboy24's Avatar
 
Mar 2012
Posts: 8,513
Liked 3597 Times on 2213 Posts
Likes Given: 6200


Quote:
Originally Posted by geek View Post
I think I am going to check and buy a bottle at the liquor store (if I can find it) of Sauv Blanc for that specific region.
I like my whites a bit off dry, but it may be interesting to taste this varietal, which btw I don't have any experience with.
If you say NZ Sauv Blanc is good, I got to believe it....
You may find the SB a little dry and crisp, but give it a shot.
__________________
Jim

BROAD RUN CELLARS

 
Reply With Quote
Reply
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Wine Making Forum Replies Last Post
Vineco Kenridge Showcase Amarone mdtrey12 Kit Winemaking 8 08-08-2016 06:09 AM
WineXpert Kenridge Showcase Or Winexpert Selection? SPR Kit Winemaking 17 09-22-2015 10:14 AM
Vineco 2014 Kenridge Showcase LE zalai Kit Winemaking 18 04-14-2014 04:18 PM
Vineco KenRidge Showcase LE Shiraz Grenache zalai Kit Winemaking 10 02-19-2014 11:25 AM
Vineco Kenridge Showcase Spanish Cab/Sauv. millwright01 Kit Winemaking 0 03-12-2012 06:04 PM


Forum Jump