Register Now!

Wine Making & Grape Growing Forum > Wine Making > Kit Winemaking > Packlab Vino Italiano kits no more?

Old 01-31-2015, 10:26 PM   #1
DougS

Jan 2015

It appears that all of the Vino Italiano series Paklab kits are no longer for sale on amazon or anywhere else. They are cheap kits but they have their uses. Anyone have information on what is going on?

Old 02-01-2015, 11:15 AM   #2
sour_grapes
Victim of the Invasion of the Avatar Snatchers

Sep 2013
Liked 2806 Times on 1843 Posts
Likes Given: 3088

I have no info to help you, but just wanted to say "Welcome to the Forum!"

Old 02-01-2015, 01:26 PM   #3
ramfan13

Apr 2014
Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

I had heard that they were discontinuing them and possibly replacing with something else. I agree that they are fun to play around with. I made 2 pretty decent wines from them, a decent Barolo, still aging and Chardonnay. I wanted to get the Barolo again to try some things and I cant get it. I hope that they replace them soon. It seems that there are very few of the cheaper kits on Amazon including reserve du chateau and Chateau classico. I am worried that all the cheap kits are disappearing from Amazon, but I guess I will have to step it up to better kits.

Old 02-01-2015, 03:58 PM   #4
DougS

Jan 2015

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramfan13 View Post
I had heard that they were discontinuing them and possibly replacing with something else. I agree that they are fun to play around with. I made 2 pretty decent wines from them, a decent Barolo, still aging and Chardonnay. I wanted to get the Barolo again to try some things and I cant get it. I hope that they replace them soon. It seems that there are very few of the cheaper kits on Amazon including reserve du chateau and Chateau classico. I am worried that all the cheap kits are disappearing from Amazon, but I guess I will have to step it up to better kits.
Or add them to a bunch of grapes, ferment, and then make some grappa! I actually found the Rosso Italiano and some local grapes do a good job.