Register Now!

Pick a Wine Kit & Win a Wine Kit Giveaway

Wine Making & Grape Growing Forum > Other Topics > General Chit-Chat > What R you doing today?

Old 10-06-2009, 11:38 AM   #1
Tom
Super Moderator

Nov 2006
Liked 84 Times on 60 Posts
Likes Given: 2

What R you doing today?
Today I bottled my Chilean Syrah and Chilean Cab/Franc. Total was a full 5 cases.
Also getting room for my 36 gallons of Italian juice comming in this weekend.
Here's whats left..

6 gal Apricot
6 gal Apple-Pear-Passion Fruit
6 gal Italian juice Brunello
6 gal Italian juice Amarone
12 gal Chilean juice Red Zin
12 gal Chilean juice Malbec
6 gal Pineapple
12 gal Peach
10 gal Bananna
6 gal Pear
6 gal CA juice Cab Sauvignon
6 gal CA juice Pinot Noir
6 gal CA juice Chianti
6 gal Ca juice Riesling
6 gal Ca juice Viognier
6 gal Carrot
6 gal Blackberry
starting this weekend ..
6 gal Italian juice Amarone
6 gal Italian juice Nebbiolo
6 gal Italian juice Dolcetto
6 gal Italian juice Valpolicello
6 gal Italian juice Frascati
6 gal Italian juice Verdicchio

People Like This 
Old 10-06-2009, 11:58 AM   #2
DageonYar
Total NeW-B

Sep 2009
Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Today... I pick up the new laundry sink and faucet and filtration system I'm installing in my little section of the basement which will serve as my brewing base Pipes already installed last weekend. This weekend I pick up a new kit to be my first home-based brew!! WooT! Not sure what I'm going to get yet though lol

winenut Likes This 
Old 10-06-2009, 01:26 PM   #3
myakkagldwngr

Jun 2009
Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

So far nothing wine related!!!
But I am really thinking about how good a glass would be right now. Is 3:30 in the afternoon too early?
Today has been one of those days that was good but very boring.
I've been working with our local community center here in our small town,,,(1 traffic light),,, to get a new building started. That has been an on going project for at least ten years, five of which I've been involved.
So finally I sat thru four hours of county commission meetings today to hear them say, it's time to do this. This time next year, we'll have a new community center building!! Hopefully about 4200 square feet!
And by the way Tom, your list is impressive!

winenut Likes This 
Old 10-06-2009, 02:13 PM   #4
upper

Oct 2009
Liked 2 Times on 1 Posts

Wow Tom that is a nice cellar full.I will be crushing some rubired grapes,then over to the neibors muscat vineyard to go in behind the harvast and see what I can pick-up.......Oh picked up a hydrometer today.Upper

People Like This 
Old 10-06-2009, 02:40 PM   #5
Tom
Super Moderator

Nov 2006

I have 1,000 + bottles in my "wine cellar".
thats just in carboys LOL
Hydrometer is #1 for equipment needed.

winenut Likes This 
Old 10-06-2009, 02:40 PM   #6
arcticsid
Arctic Contributor

Oct 2008
Liked 35 Times on 24 Posts

Today I am learrning how to hobble around with one foot. drinking and crutches could be a scary combo

Trying to procure the rest of the materials need to build a wheelchair ramp for a old timer here who is a disabled vet and can't wait any longer for the VA to help him, so with the Disabled Vaets of America I will find the materials needed. I am hoping not to have to build it myself but I will if I have to.

Need to get to the brew shop and get the yeast to pitch into my cranberry/pomegranite, it is past the pectin stage and is waiting to begin to bubble.

Sharpening up the snow shovel, feels like snow for sure in the air. My money is on the eight, I may not win this year but I think I am going to come close.

Got bad news today about a young friend(18 yo) that was killed in a car accident last month, not sure how I was the last to know but I was. Need to deal with his Mom and their family. On top of that the mom is terminally ill and there are many other problems facing them. Time to be a true Alaskan and step up and see where I can help.

Got gallons of cran/pomegranite on the counter that needs to be moved. Guess i didn't think about that when I mixed it all up. It's damn sure not going on the frig!!!LOL

What am I doing today? I am giving my thanks that I woke up alive and healthy today and that I can hope that those in my family and those I call my friends are doing okay. I also prayed that if there was anythng I could do to help any of them, that the strength would be sent my way.

Take Care,
Troy

People Like This 
Old 10-06-2009, 02:54 PM   #7
Runningwolf
Super Moderator

Mar 2009
Liked 2134 Times on 1381 Posts
Likes Given: 1542

I picked up 28 cases of empty bottles today. There was a wine festival last weekend and now the wineries are looking to dump all of their used bottles. Tonight I am bottling 6 gallons each of Isabella and Videl.

winenut Likes This 
Old 10-06-2009, 03:11 PM   #8
Tom
Super Moderator

Nov 2006

Nice score!
Did you get your Isabella from Walkers?

winenut Likes This 
Old 10-06-2009, 03:19 PM   #9
Wade E
Premium

Jul 2006
Liked 253 Times on 198 Posts

Not a Damn thing!

People Like This 
Old 10-06-2009, 03:35 PM   #10
Sacalait

Dec 2006
Liked 4 Times on 3 Posts

Preparing to pick pecans. With all the recent heavy rain and wind the pecans are covering the ground...8 trees worth.

winenut Likes This