Register Now!

Pick a Wine Kit & Win a Wine Kit Giveaway

Wine Making & Grape Growing Forum > Wine Making > Kit Winemaking > Wine Kitz Whats your experience with Winekitz?

Old 06-21-2013, 12:08 AM   #11
jjallen

Jun 2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjb222
If you are buying the glass then go ahead but unless the kit you are looking at is new leave the plastic parts at the garage sale. The plastic can have a minor scratch and carry bacteria that will ruin your batch. For the price of a decent kit it is more worth while to by new and then you know what you are getting.
Thanks RJB222

Old 06-21-2013, 06:24 PM   #12
BMac

Apr 2010
Liked 4 Times on 4 Posts
Likes Given: 3

I have had amazing results with Wine Kitz in Charlottetown, PE, which recently won "Franchise Partner of the Year"
Like others have said, you get what you pay for in the kits.

I have tried RJS Grand Cru, and Vineco's Kendridge Classic 10L kits compared to Wine Kitz "Traditional Vintage" 10L in the Valpolicella style. WK had much more body then the other 2 brands. Haven't made any 'bigger' kits besides the Wine Kitz ones except for WinExpert SI Chilean Carmenere (which is fantastic)

Wine Kitz only has about 5 product lines vs RJS 14ish.

Country Mist is the 7.5L fruit wine
Wine Art (7.2L) light body red/white
Traditional Vintage (10L) medium body red/white
Ultimate Estate Reserve (17L) full body red/white
Sommelier Reserve (18L) premium red/white

Wine Kitz is a franchise across Canada that has pros/cons. I feel that the quality of service and product is above the industry standard since all stores follow similar regulations, equipment, etc. The other stores around here are a bit outdated with service and equipment. The downfall is that they are not around in as many places as RJS and WinExpert. They have zero distribution in USA so they are the underdogs but they have great wines.

My $0.02

Old 06-21-2013, 10:02 PM   #13
zalai

Mar 2013
Liked 73 Times on 53 Posts
Likes Given: 85

I have no experience with Wine Kitz yet , but I would like to try them .They have a limited edition Brunello kit in their top of the line product , but with no crushed grape skins . I bought the Kenridge Founder's Brunello for less money and with skins .Does anyone know about Coastal Sunset product's quality ? I am thinking about the limited release Zinfandel/Merlot .

Old 06-21-2013, 11:44 PM   #14
vernsgal
Just me

Oct 2012
Liked 1101 Times on 551 Posts
Likes Given: 1805

Quote:
Originally Posted by cpfan View Post
If you get to the mainland with a bit of free time, try to check out the RJ Spagnols factory store on Annacis Island in Vancouver. They have a big warehouse clearance sale in February (unless they've changed in the last couple of years).

Steve
yes they still have their annual sale.I stock up every year. If you're in the lower mainland it's definitely a sale to check out

Life is too short to Drink Bad Wine

Old 06-22-2013, 03:14 PM   #15
BMac

Apr 2010
Liked 4 Times on 4 Posts
Likes Given: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by zalai View Post
I have no experience with Wine Kitz yet , but I would like to try them .They have a limited edition Brunello kit in their top of the line product , but with no crushed grape skins . I bought the Kenridge Founder's Brunello for less money and with skins .Does anyone know about Coastal Sunset product's quality ? I am thinking about the limited release Zinfandel/Merlot .
The Coastal Sunset is in their Wine Art 7.2L kits. It is marketed as a holiday wine (end of summer, thanksgiving, Xmas). They are light in body but still a very decent wine. Don't expect 18L kit quality, but they are great for what they are, wine to have with lots of people around when you don't wanna share your top wines.

Old 06-23-2013, 06:40 PM   #16
zalai

Mar 2013
Liked 73 Times on 53 Posts
Likes Given: 85

Thanks for the info BMac , that Coastal Sunset is not for me .