Register Now!

Wine Making & Grape Growing Forum > Wine Making > Tutorials, Calculators, Wine Logs & Yeast Charts > How to degas your wine with a vacuum pump

Old 03-05-2013, 07:29 PM   #11
pwheiman

Mar 2013

Explane how to splash rack the wine. This is the firsy batch I have made and having trouble degassing. went to autozone an got a hand vac. Pump, get lots of bubbles, left it on the carboy for two day at 25" vac. no more bubbles. Guess it's degassed

Old 03-07-2013, 09:45 AM   #12
vacuumpumpman
Vendor
WMT_SPONSOR.png

Aug 2011
Liked 783 Times on 570 Posts
Likes Given: 1771

Quote:
Originally Posted by pwheiman View Post
Explane how to splash rack the wine. This is the firsy batch I have made and having trouble degassing. went to autozone an got a hand vac. Pump, get lots of bubbles, left it on the carboy for two day at 25" vac. no more bubbles. Guess it's degassed

check this thread and others on degassing using a vacuum pump
http://www.winemakingtalk.com/forum/...6/index40.html

Old 03-22-2013, 06:18 PM   #13
vacuumpumpman
Vendor
WMT_SPONSOR.png

Aug 2011

I would like to thank Grasshopper for coming up with this great gadget that saves even more time in the process of removal of CO2. It still uses the 6.5 bung ,so you will not have to switch racking canes in order to use this complete setup. I am now selling them for 12 dollars with purchase of pump or 14 dollars individually (includes shipping). Please Pm me with your email address and I will put a PayPal money request to you, until I can get my shopping cart up and running properly.
They are flexible and are only 9'' tall to provide more stability.
degassing tool [276x400].jpg  

Old 03-27-2013, 07:37 AM   #14
winedegasser
Vendor

Mar 2013
Liked 5 Times on 4 Posts
Likes Given: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by pwheiman View Post
Good work! This youtube video shows how to splash rack
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xwJQTB88rEU

You can use your hand pump to achieve the same result.

By the way, did you say two days? It really took that long? It usually takes me less than one hour at 25"...

Old 03-30-2013, 01:39 PM   #15
vacuumpumpman
Vendor
WMT_SPONSOR.png

Aug 2011

I disagree with winedegasser that using the splash method will not remove all the CO2. (according to his video )

I noticed that the winedegasser takes around 7 minutes to do a transfer - while an Allinone can do it in 1/2 the time. See the video on my website

Please check out the following threads for more information about degassing with the Allinone -
http://www.winemakingtalk.com/forum/...34/index5.html

http://www.winemakingtalk.com/forum/...inepump-15976/

There is much information if you would like more - so please PM me and I would be more than happy to assist

Please look at the posting on the degassing tool which aids in degassing with the Allinone and is flexible and efficient.