Broad Run Cellars Fall 2017 Crush

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
... They are 'living the life', staying in my dad's cousin's very humble but comfortable beach cottage in RI. ...

Maybe on their way back down to VA, I can get him to stop and help you out with some wine chores. :D

There is nothing humble about a RI cottage. We know a family who we grew up with that has a place up there. They measure real estate cost by the square foot, not acre!

Your Dad could stop by anytime. I imagine your Mom is just as nice, so if they'd need a pit stop, we're here. Just tell them to phone ahead their lunch/dinner order. It's a straight shot from here down to your neck of the woods via Route 15.

There is nothing humble about a RI cottage. We know a family who we grew up with that has a place up there. They measure real estate cost by the square foot, not acre!

Your Dad could stop by anytime. I imagine your Mom is just as nice, so if they'd need a pit stop, we're here. Just tell them to phone ahead their lunch/dinner order. It's a straight shot from here down to your neck of the woods via Route 15.

Don't get fancy thoughts in your head. It is humble, but full of love and memories. I have many from my childhood/teen years and the few years we lived in CT. Either way, there is very little that sucks about coastal NE in early fall.

Sh!* happens man. It sucks. Life has a way crackin ya down here an there. Some people deal better than others. I had a nice long drive home today shouting a few expletives and my steering wheel was my punching bag. Hey , I'm not perfect.
BUT, by the time I'm home in the house with too much estrogen and not enough testosterone, I'm able to shake it off and have a happy face. 'Back to school' night, material delivery orders due for a job, studying for the first big social studies test on the Aztecs Mayans and Incas.....Better Time management needed on my part. It's a hobby,
Not my job or my family.
But devoting all this time and money really is frustrating when things don't go your way. Like trying to get 4 vessels racked, drill out new holes in a size 11 bung for the AIO, check Ph, Sg, TA, scramble for the missing carboy, spray bottle fresh out of Kmeta, leaving the wine room just one hot mess, halfway done, -- thank god for the long drive. (My wine is not at my home but at our shop). I'm able to use that time to put things into perspective. Sorry, now I'm venting.
Good luck with your season. The c/d will be fun to use. The $$ for the plumbing will not. But if your like me, all the BS gets set aside come Friday when you pick up your grapes. Pickup and crush day is THE day. It's hard to not be in a good mood on pickup day.

Sh!* happens man. It sucks. Life has a way crackin ya down here an there. ...

Take a deep breath...exhale...take another breath...grab a glass of wine...take a sip...sit back and R-E-L-A-X a bit...it will be okay. Smile...take another deep breath...ask your wife how her day was...sip some wine...take a breath...exhale... It will be oaky dokey in another moment or two.

I'm worried about you brother! My wife and I will pray for you tonight!

Jim,

I have a garage that is full of newish tools based on "events". "Honey, I need to head down to Lowes to buy a new left handled C/D because of the drain and sewage problem." Works everytime. Take care.

Opus

Jim,

I have a garage that is full of newish tools based on "events". "Honey, I need to head down to Lowes to buy a new left handled C/D because of the drain and sewage problem." Works everytime. Take care.

Opus

I was having that same discussion with the plumber on Monday. Tools purchased for projects that I thought would see a lifetime of use, but ended up seeing the intended project and not much more.

Latest posts

Back