making Fpaks wit the freezer

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Grod

Junior
Reaction score
so i want to get flavor out of my figs i was thinking about blending them in water freezing it. and only collecting the sugar/fruit juice that thaws out first.
verry similar to the legal freeze concentration method but before the fermentation has happened. So in theory i would get cocentrated fruit flavor that i can then use in future batches.
Sound right? or would i just get the same ratio of fruit juice/ water as it melts?
i am basiclly trying to make a product like this and i am trying to figure out how.
-Ingredients
Soluble fig solids and water.

Last edited:
So no one has ever done any sugar extracting from fruit with water? google seems to have just about every fruit under the sun "water extracted" it seems to be a very viable way to make Fpacks.

Hi @Grod,

I think you have to do this with gelatin. A few years ago I fooled around with it. Here is the link to the thread.

The technique works but it's a lot of work. Useful for certain specialty wines or for when you have a particular missing element you are trying to add. These extracts have no alcohol, so they may not keep as long as other extracts.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back