Vacuum press using the allinonewinepump

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Oh I'm diggin it. I'm sure this will be a long conversation that ensues here. I many thoughts and questions.
But the fact that it's simply the vacuum bag and a couple new proper attachment pieces is pretty cool.
Even if left some wine in there that wouldn't effect my opinion.
My real concern would be how strong the plastic bag is. I know I'll have some stems floating around in there. Would they pierce the bag under vacuum?
I'm under the assumption that those bags wouldn't last forever and would need replacing every so often.

The vacuum bag is quite durable,the inner strainer bag will hold back your stems from hurting the bag.
I have pressed about 6 times using this design

Last edited:
Wow that's great! What is the largest volume of skins in one of these bags?

Cheers!
-johann

Thanks for posting the video. Since I already have your pump system and am using an old/small sausage press as my wine press, I'm really excited to hear more about this as you work on it!

Yeah this makes my little manual press look like a lot of work. I'm holding off on a nice sized braggot style ferment that I am planning and this looks like it will work great for pressing needs :) how soon will you be selling kits?

Thanks!
-johann

Yeah this makes my little manual press look like a lot of work. I'm holding off on a nice sized braggot style ferment that I am planning and this looks like it will work great for pressing needs :) how soon will you be selling kits?

Thanks!
-johann

I am looking to get these on the market by the end of the year - if not sooner

It will include the following pipe with holes , proper strainer bag , vacuum bag, strainer bag, all adapters to convert it to be used with a 1 gallon container for the allinonewinepump.

Steve,

What I didn't see were the results. How dry was the must? How much more wine would you get out of say a 6 gallon crush, versus the old bucket in a bucket, or squeezing a muslin bag?

It looks easy enough to clean and reuse, but your video left me wondering how well it works. Great job on this, I think it's a winner.

Steve,

What I didn't see were the results. How dry was the must? How much more wine would you get out of say a 6 gallon crush, versus the old bucket in a bucket, or squeezing a muslin bag?

It looks easy enough to clean and reuse, but your video left me wondering how well it works. Great job on this, I think it's a winner.

I am uploading the ending of the video that shows how dry the must is -

https://youtu.be/ucCtlwEoPrA

The previous person who hand pressed always came out 1 gallon short on a the 5 gallons I got.

Latest posts

Back