My All In One Bottle Washer/Sanitizer

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pumpkinman

Reaction score
I received an All In One Bottle Washer/Sanitizer, and cannot say good enough about it!
Talk about fast and efficient! It is a self contained recirculating unit that uses a filter to keep the water clean!
I cleaned and sanitized 6 cases of beer bottles (144 bottles) and 4 cases of wine bottles yesterday in under an hr and a half, and 7 cases of wine bottles today in a matter of no time!
I highly recommend this unit!

bottle1.jpg

bottle1 (2).jpg

bottle1 (3).jpg

Tom the Avatar is killing me, I just have a problem picturing you with lipstick that matches your complexion. Why the filter for washing bottles. I really do like the set up. I really wouldn't mind making one but I would use the double bottle washer on the bottom of the pail.

Since the system is self contained and recirculated the water Steve added a whole house filter to keep out any funky bits that might have been in the bottles.The double bottle washer is a cool idea, the pump puts out enough pressure to really clean the living day lights out of the bottles.

Dan
I like the idea of a double washer - but I think that the setup is best for a single. The reason I mention this is because your hand is always full either taking the bottle off the pressure washer and dipping the neck to be sanitized or grabbing another one to be sanitized.

I just walked it thru and a double may work well as long as you can fasten it.
Problem = if you have 2 bottles going instead of one - you will probably drop in pressure or possibly the volume of water to sanitize ??

I mounted a small under sink hot water heater to a 20 gallon brute trash can..
along with a single head 15.00 bottle washer.
i added an overflow hose from the bottom of the can,back to the cold water inlet side just to reuse the hot water.
I added a gfi to receptacle, just in case.
hot water heater 109.00
water jet 15.00
gfi 14.00
garden hose...free
the only problem...water is so hot it will burn your hand. when im done, i just open the spigot and drain the water to my trees. cooled of course.

I mounted a small under sink hot water heater to a 20 gallon brute trash can..
along with a single head 15.00 bottle washer.
i added an overflow hose from the bottom of the can,back to the cold water inlet side just to reuse the hot water.
I added a gfi to receptacle, just in case.
hot water heater 109.00
water jet 15.00
gfi 14.00
garden hose...free
the only problem...water is so hot it will burn your hand. when im done, i just open the spigot and drain the water to my trees. cooled of course.

Can you post a picture of this setup?

RR

I am going to clean out my garage today to clear for carboys,corkers,etc.
I will pull it out and take some pics for you...

James
Are you running sulfite solution thru your system ?
Are you using some sort of a pump ?

Looking forward to your pics

steve, no..
its just the same setup as a bottle washer hooked up to a sink..there is no pump.
its using the pressure from the spigot.
i just have an on demand hot water heater inline, thats it.
it was easier then running a hot water line outside to a spigot.

Also, make sure the hose that you are using is rated for potable water, I know that most of us drank from a garden hose when we were kids running around the yard playing baseball or football or whatnot and we are still alive, but why risk it, or introduce toxins into our wine.

There was a test conducted, 21 new garden hoses from Lowe's, Home Depot, Walmart, Target, and Kmart and analyzed levels of heavy metals and other dangerous substances that have been found in garden hoses.

Most of the 21 hoses they tested were made from polyvinyl chloride, a toxic plastic that often contains endocrine-disrupting stabilizers known as organotins, which can interfere with hormonal and reproductive development. And in fact, a third of the PVC hoses contained these chemicals. More than half of the 21 hoses contained antimony, which, with prolonged exposure, can lead to kidney and liver damage, and about 5 percent contained bromine. Both antimony and bromine are markers of flame retardants used in plastics.

So, in a nutshell, using water from a garden hose can give you a cocktail of heavy metals and plasticizers.

good point, when i get it out today i will change it the hose out to food grade.
but the water is so hot, i really did not think it would matter., think i will change just to be on the safe side...dang it, another 10 dollar...lol

good point, when i get it out today i will change it the hose out to food grade.
but the water is so hot, i really did not think it would matter., think i will change just to be on the safe side...dang it, another 10 dollar...lol

Actually, hot is worse: it will leach the nasties more quickly. Better spend that sawbuck! :mny

James,
I've seen these types of bottle washers, the one that Steve from All in One Wine Pump makes is perfect for most people, it fits in one plastic bucket, except for the pump, you can wash bottles anywhere since it is self contained and recirculates the water through a filter, the pressure is enough to get any funky stuff from a bottle.

James, I have a question about your setup, you said that you don't use a pump, without a pump, how would you get enough water pressure to clean the bottles? I know from experience that this unit will shoot water across a fairly large room.

its the exact same thing as hooking up your bottle washer to your sink outlet. i never measure it, but if pushed down on the bottle washer, i guess it would go 20 feet..not sure.
Dont get me wrong, anything steve makes is well done, and well thought of.
but bottle washers are maybe the simplest to make...

James
you mentioned this in one of the first posts -

"i added an overflow hose from the bottom of the can,back to the cold water inlet side just to reuse the hot water."

how do you do this when it is a closed water system ?

Do you still sanitize your bottles with chemicals or just relying on hot water killing any bacteria ?

steve are you selling these.

I ran a hose to a tee that is on the cold water side, so..its a mix of hot and cold...back to the heater.....really nothing to it..

steve are you selling these.

I ran a hose to a tee that is on the cold water side, so..its a mix of hot and cold...back to the heater.....really nothing to it..

That doent make sense. It seems the city water pressure would be greater then the gravity feed of the return line? Please show a picture of this to clarify.

RR

the city water pressure is greater..i just said it just mixes the hot and cold.
i have no idea if it does any good.

but since reading all these comments, i think now..i should forget the water hose, buy a sumbersible pump and run it on the same outlet as my water heater....
going to home depot....that way i have a recirculating system...

I mounted a small under sink hot water heater to a 20 gallon brute trash can......i added an overflow hose from the bottom of the can,back to the cold water inlet side just to reuse the hot water.

the city water pressure is greater..i just said it just mixes the hot and cold.
i have no idea if it does any good.

I am even more confused now.......

Seem the trash can would just fill up and overflow...

When you get this out to do the mods please snap and post a picture of this setup..

RR

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back