Goat Fencing Rack

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hvac36

Reaction score
Tractor Supply 54$ for a 16'x48" peice made 2 7'x48 peices. Or 1 Rack.
Yes the wooden blocks are coming off as Im making medal brackets for it..
Thanks for the idea guys...

DSCN0540.jpg

DSCN0543.jpg

DSCN0544.jpg

WOW that looks great, just like the one I bought, The only thing different is it also sat on two of those blocks that rested right on the floor keeping the wire off the floor a bit. I just painted my blocks the color of the wall to blend in. For the price and quantity of bottles you can't beat it. How many bottles can you put in your's. Once again great job.

Very nice! Holds a lot of bottles, too.

It looks as though the Burgundian bottles will slope down nicely. What if you separate the two sheets a little more, so the Bordeaux bottles will tend to slope down a little more? Not being critical, just a suggestion.

Looks great!!!

I always like to look at ideas and tinkering to make things - always great ideas!!

Like robie said - spread the front sheet out a bit more - so the neck rests on the wire - it will allow the bottles to slant down at an angle keeping the cork moist..

Thanks guys for all the comments.
No little kids any more well grandkids but they do not go down here. :)
The new brackets will be a little longer allowing the bottles to rest on the necks plus hold them in when the door closes...
Will place on a block of wood to raise it thanks..
Total count is 254 !!! Now time to fill it...

Last edited:
All ready made them up, side brackets are being painted will post image tomorrow night. They are 10" long metal with 2 slots in them from wall 3-3/4" and 9" this allows bottles to rest on necks and are about 1/2' away from wall.

Ok guys here it is holding wine... Looks like I need to bottle more wine...

DSCN0552.jpg

DSCN0553.jpg

DSCN0554.jpg

DSCN0555.jpg

Wow! It looks really nice. I think I am going to do this on a all in my winery tasting room. You could use bottles with different colors and different foils to make patterns. Oh, the possibilities. Thanks for the inspiration.

Greg no problem.. My wife was saying that earlier about making different patterns... Real easy to do. I used metal brakets instead of the wood but what ever works for you. 252 bottle 4'x7' for 50 bucks....

Jim you did a great job!

Greg, The racks really are awesome. I also use capsules and wax for quick identification and inventory at a glance.

that is awesome...definatly going to remember this when I build a wine rack when I move

Very nice, Jim. I mean *really* nice.

Let's hope SWMBO doesn't decide the wall is the wrong color around the time it gets full :)

Latest posts

Back