Just Pictures

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Waldo

Reaction score
A friend at work had brough me about 3 gallons of assorted peppers last Friday so I spent part of last weekend making pepper sauce and a couple of batches ( One quart jar and one half gallon jug ) of pickled peppers. Each and every pepper was lovingly pricked several time with a needle so the goodies inside will leech out into the sauce.
2b87e6bf.jpg

I Also bottled another batch of Muscadine and labeled it with my "Red Hog" label for some of my Razorback friends. It has become a hit at Razorback games tailgating parties. This batch has been bulk aging since August of 2006 so it is my first wine to bottle that was over a year old at bottling and I must say it made quite the difference in the intensity of the Muscadine flavor.
0f3a1729.jpg

9ad115b0.jpg

I Also wanted to share a couple of pictures of my Darlings creation for the fall centerpiece for our dining room table. She is so creative !!!
ddb2248c.jpg

fdca4f83.jpg

7d455262.jpg

Very cool Waldo except for those Peppers! I bet those are a little warm!

Beautiful centerpiece...really lovely.

Now that pepper sauce....How did you make that???? Prick the peppers, put them in the bottle and pour what over them???? Then do you just use the juice or try to shake the peppers out of the bottle???? Tell us the story!!!!

Northern Winos said:
Beautiful centerpiece...really lovely.

Now that pepper sauce....How did you make that???? Prick the peppers, put them in the bottle and pour what over them???? Then do you just use the juice or try to shake the peppers out of the bottle???? Tell us the story!!!!

Pricked them, put in bottle and poured boiling vinegar on them. I let them set about 2 hours and then refilled the bottles as the peppers had already sucked up some of the vinegar. For the pickled peppers I used Splenda instead of sugar, whole cloves, one whole nutmeg (uncrushed) allspice, and ginger. How much of each.hmmmmmmmmm "some"
smiley36.gif

As I use the pepper sauce I will add more vinegar back to it and if a pepper or two falls out while i'm pouring..well it gets eaten. Edited by: Waldo

JWMINNESOTA said:
Thinkin' that pepper sauce would be a fine complement to a big mess of greens.
smiley20.gif

Along with a big pot of Pinto beans with a nice ham hock cooked along with them, a pan of Mexicancornbread and a big slice of onion
smiley4.gif
Edited by: Waldo

That looks great waldo! I like the label alot. My mom always had a bottle of pepper sauce on our table to put in our beans.

Waldo, You are accomplished in so many projects. Your peppers look great!! Did you make the centerpiece? Is that a canoe you have the arrangement in. I love the fall season although it isn't much of one here. You will have to indulge us with your pictures of fall folidge.

Ramona

I love all of them Waldo. The centerpiece is beautifu, the peppers look great and the wine is Divine.

As a side note you could change the label on the wine just a little and maybe make it blue. Add one letter to the You and make it Your and you can sell a ton of it to old men!
smiley2.gif
smiley36.gif

Appleman, now you've taken a wine meant to inspire the Hog Nation and made it a form of Viagara. Very Creative. But remember the Hogs will need this wine after a heart wrenching loss to the Crimson Tide. I was pulling for the Hogs, Waldo. You may havea Heisman trophy running back. You should clean up this weeked on North Texas. Edited by: dfwwino

Latest posts

Back