Trying to get peachy...

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

North_Ga_Jug-Or-Not

No Glass Needed
Reaction score
I live in, you guessed it, North Ga. Problem is, im wanting to make some peach wine and cant find any peach juice. I know its a bit off season and maybe im looking in the wrong places. If anybody could help with this I would greatly appreciate it.

Also, im always open for options. If you know of any other juices readily available to me im listening. Im not trying to spend more than I need to, so no golden juices please. lol

Thanks to all that may help, and those that just cant but at least read this and thought about it.

I have never found peach juice.
I would get fresh peaches since you live in the peach state.
this time of year you are limited in getting any fruit since its out of season.

LOL

Yeah, peach state would make that question sound a bit stupid I didnt catch that earlier.:se

But the seasonal timing is what has me stumped. I mean I just moved into a new house, leaving my peach trees behind at my old house ironic enough. Yes, this was a very sad move for multiple reasons. But it also has several perks that weigh out nicely. It makes me sad to see that NEVER word looming over me in regards to peach juice. Maybe I have a business prospect seeing as how I live in GA, and maybe others have been looking for a good peach juice for this purpose.

Thanks for the reply.

Speaking over the long term, you'd be better off waiting 8 months and gettin some peaches so juicy they run to your elbows. Would make a better product that'll pay off more for the amount of time involved.

Maybe plan for something that'll come in season sooner, first?

If you are desporate the welches white grape and peach juice or frozen concentrate will get you by with a fairly good wine, not like the pure juice from tree ripened ones. What I do is get all the fruit I can while it is in season freese it for about 3 weeks then steam juice it and can it in fruit jars for later use. The steam juicer is a verry good investment. We juice enough juice in the spring and summer to make both jelly and wine. My inventory for juice right now is 8 galons strawberry, 6 gal. Elderberry, 12 gal. concord, 5 gal. cherry ( pie cherries), 3 gal. mulberry, 13 gal. wild black rasberries, 3 gal. dewberries 3 gal. wild plum, last of all 10 gal. pears. You ask why I am not making wine right now. Well we are in the proces of moving to north east Arkensaw. Hope to be there in at least 2 months. It is easier to move canned juice than wine in carboys.

Yep...the white grape peach will deliver. Did lots of it in the beginning stages and people loved it. Use the 100 percent froz concentrate though

In season [no. Ga.] in June/July I get over ripe peaches for $15/20 a bushel, which make great wine. In Sept. & Oct. I pick wind fall apples for $10 a bushel. I give them each a bottle of last years wine & get overflowing bushels & great reviews. roy

I am using home canned fruit for my wines in the off season. The thing I like about this is that they are packed in a medium syrup and I use less sugar. The flavor is great as they have been steeping in their own juices for a few years already and have no preservatives. If you know people who are addicted to canning they usually want to empty out their jars once in a while. Just my 2 cents. Works great for me.

Much thanks to all, as I am liking you fine folks more and more and its been but 24 hours since I joined. haha Well, after my gf researched we found that the white grape/peach from Welch's was indeed our best option at this time. The way I see it, I may have came back and sweetened with white grape juice anyway so it may have a similar outcome who knows. One question though, since their seems to be some knowledge in this, but does this juice have a strong peach flavor or just a more subtle peach undertone?

And yes, I cant wait until summer when I can stock up on fruits and berries. I had the similar issue of going through a move, being the only one working while my gf was prego and everyday life stuff that my stock didnt get built this summer sadly. But I do have a new baby boy named Javyn, and were settled in nicely and Im in the process of refining my wine making room/man den, and getting these next few batches underway with juice as that is my best option for wine this time of year.

Also, I saw where one person on here, forgive me for not remembering her name right off, but she highly recomends the blueberry/polmegranet from Old Orchard. Said it makes a wine to die for, and as I read it I could taste it. lol thinking about 6 gallons of this, any feedback on that particular flavor?

Thanks again to all.

Made 3 gal. blueberry/pom. from Old Orchard juice 9 months ago. Have just started to drink it. Turned out great.

LOUMIK

That does sound good , where do you find this OLD Orchard juice?

I believe Walmart, Kroger, Food Lion, and most other major supermarkets carry it at around $2-$4 per 2 quart jug. May find it cheaper elsewhere, I was hoping to find it bulk on the net and buy some that way. I wouldnt mind having some extra in case I wanted to make some more.

I can not find the frozen concentrate anywhere here. So what about the bottles of juice?

I can not find the frozen concentrate anywhere here. So what about the bottles of juice?

That's what I was planning on using was the juice bottles. All of my local markets seem to keep it in stock, no luck so far on bulk except pallet and I don't need that much. Lol

Vintners Harvest is always an option as well, though I doubt it makes the greatest wine. I have some going but my expectations are not great.

Vintners Harvest is always an option as well, though I doubt it makes the greatest wine. I have some going but my expectations are not great.

Might you elaborate a bit please? I like to check into ALL options ahead of time. Thank you for adding.

Parrothead,
I find Old Orchard juices in any grocery store. I used 3 one gal bottles to make the wine and got a 4th one:dg:dg to use to backsweeten and for added flavor.

LOUMIK

UGG why do you say the Vinters Harvest does not make the best wine? I have 4 different batches going. They are all now going through final settling. I do know I will have to back sweeten and flavor.

UGG why do you say the Vinters Harvest does not make the best wine? I have 4 different batches going. They are all now going through final settling. I do know I will have to back sweeten and flavor.

I think it's a fair assessment when comparing to fresh fruit. Like I said, I have some going as well, but given the choice I'd rather use fresh fruit.

North-GA:
Vintners harvest fruit bases can be found on most supply websites. They are just that. Fruit bases from a can.

Latest posts

Back