WineXpert Eclipse Barolo

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I can assure you, it definitely gets better. We're finally at the point where we made enough consecutive batches, where we bottle at 12-14 months, then start opening the occasional bottle at about 24 months. We now have a good quantity of inventory growing beyond the three year point, where the magic seems to start happening. Let it age, it's well worth it.

We need to set up a visit, neighbor! :h
Just wish I had something that old to bring to the party (maybe an 18 month old Forza?).

We need to set up a visit, neighbor! :h
Just wish I had something that old to bring to the party (maybe an 18 month old Forza?).

If you find yourself traveling anywhere near northern IL, hit us up. We currently have 10 different varietals past the three year point.

I have two bottles of this left - a little over 3.5 years old now. Great kit.

We had a bottle last night for dinner that is approaching 3 years old. All I can say is good things come to those who wait!

There is a lot of junk falling out of this one. Seriously, this dropped a bunch in the secondary. And now that I'm in clearing - Hoke-E-Geez! There's a good couple of inches at the bottom. I'm tempted to rack this down to a 5 gallon carboy instead of topping up.

The sediment settled very nicely and I was able to rack to a 6gal carboy and top up with an older ST that I had. It will sit for the next 3 months; I'll get a taste then dose with Kmeta, rack to a clean carboy and, if all is well, bottle at month 6.

Just for fun, I added another 1.5oz of American medium+ Oak cubes to the carboy before I put it to bed last night.

Latest posts

Back