WineXpert Island Mist Strawberry Watermelon White Shiraz

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
In the dead of winter and my wife asked if the next kit could be another Strawberry Watermelon Shiraz IM kit. She and my oldest daughter love this one. And, yes, it's very good. With our first IM kit, we had about 4 or 5 left after the New Year. This one is all gone.

In the dead of winter and my wife asked if the next kit could be another Strawberry Watermelon Shiraz IM kit. She and my oldest daughter love this one. And, yes, it's very good. With our first IM kit, we had about 4 or 5 left after the New Year. This one is all gone.

Sounds like you need to double up this time.

Got the Kiwi Pear working and the Peach Apricot Chard in glass now....getting ready for summer. Funny how everyone talks about how much they really like dry big reds as they suck down this toooo sweet Island Mist kit stuff! I just smile and pour them another one. Heck, I like them...out by the pool, cold...very pleasant way to just chill out. No oak or tannin discussions...just swilling and smacking of the lips!

Not the way I made it. I dumped half the fpac in the primary and bumped the abv with sugar. It came out off-dry (SG around 0.996 or 0.998).

I gotcha, so I assume if you add the whole fpac at the end, that would equate to a sweet wine?

Off dry won't cut it for my wife and this wine wouldn't interest me.

I gotcha, so I assume if you add the whole fpac at the end, that would equate to a sweet wine?

Off dry won't cut it for my wife and this wine wouldn't interest me.

Yes. The rest of the fpac goes in after clearing. If you want it sweeter, just hold off on the fpac till after fermentation. It'll go up to 1.010 or so.

Back