WineXpert LE Super Tuscan

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I started mine in April 2015, I really forgot about this kit, I bottled in Dec.
I will give it a taste next month at a year mark.

But that's FIVE WHOLE MONTHS from now. I don't wanna!!!!

(Fine....)

I have one of your long lost 375's in my clutches. I promise I'll taste it this week and give you a report. Already poured a Cab Sauv glass before I read this or I'd open it tonight.

Though it is such a nice looking label, it is just softly calling me...."drink me, enjoy me, you won't fired when you are late for work tomorrow, I promise".

That could be the devil too! ::

Bless me father, for I have sampled... It's been two months since my last consumption.

We had a bottle last night with dinner. Tasting very well at nearly the 8 month mark. Tight. Still not ready for prime time. There's a glass left in the bottle that I'll taste tonight. That should give me a better idea of how it might taste in its prime.

Mine's resting in the Vadai right now and is a little over 8 months. I'll be bottling in about a month and then burying the boxes for another six to 12 months.

I grabbed a taste of this one from the carboy tonight. I added my petite sirah pressed skins to it. Smells like a PS but tasted like a ST. May be pretty good in another year if the nose changes any. Never really had a kit have any sort of nose.

Opened the 375 ml bottle you gave me quite a while ago. Reminds me of a stronger version of the Sangiovese I made. Doesn't have a huge nose but it is spot on with the flavor I'm tasting. Beautiful color. Not noticing the TRE you added, wondering if the addition I made to my Merlot blend will integrate this well. Really nice mouth feel, I love Italian wines. I like the flavor of the cherries. Might be some raisin taste in there also. Reminds me of a lighter version of the Forza.

Noticed some wine diamonds left over in the bottom of the bottle. Probably why I liked the flavor so much, but have to admit it didn't seem overly acidic. Looking forward to that big bottle you gave me when I try it later this summer (thinking September).

I need to bottle mine. Quickly. After pressing/racking the 2016 Chilean's, I have only 1 empty carboy, and it's a 5 gallon better bottle.

I need to bottle mine. Quickly. After pressing/racking the 2016 Chilean's, I have only 1 empty carboy, and it's a 5 gallon better bottle.

I need to bottle a lot of things, but I just can't seem to get the bottles cleaned up. Here I'm sitting, drinking wine, not cleaning bottles. I need a bottle cleaning genie to get these dirty bottles clean. One didn't appear when I rubbed one of the bottles you gave me, one didn't appear when I rubbed the bottles jgmann gave me....guess I'll have to open a bottle of my wine tonight and see if rubbing that makes that bottle cleaning genie appear!

I need to bottle a lot of things, but I just can't seem to get the bottles cleaned up. Here I'm sitting, drinking wine, not cleaning bottles. I need a bottle cleaning genie to get these dirty bottles clean. One didn't appear when I rubbed one of the bottles you gave me, one didn't appear when I rubbed the bottles jgmann gave me....guess I'll have to open a bottle of my wine tonight and see if rubbing that makes that bottle cleaning genie appear!

You have an excuse. I have two kits ready to bottle and brand spanking new bottles for both of them!

Opened the 375 ml bottle you gave me quite a while ago. Reminds me of a stronger version of the Sangiovese I made. Doesn't have a huge nose but it is spot on with the flavor I'm tasting. Beautiful color. Not noticing the TRE you added, wondering if the addition I made to my Merlot blend will integrate this well. Really nice mouth feel, I love Italian wines. I like the flavor of the cherries. Might be some raisin taste in there also. Reminds me of a lighter version of the Forza.

Noticed some wine diamonds left over in the bottom of the bottle. Probably why I liked the flavor so much, but have to admit it didn't seem overly acidic. Looking forward to that big bottle you gave me when I try it later this summer (thinking September).

I think I made a mistake bottling the Super Tiscan too soon. I should have let it sit another 3 months after racking it one more time before I bottled.

But, it's still pretty damn tasty.

Last edited:
Pop em and dump em back in bulk... It's a pain but worth it in the end in my opinion... Been there...

I'm inder 2 cases with this one. Will need to do a benefits/burdens and think about the logistics before I pull that trigger. I'm leaning towards leaving it go right now.

I didn't even notice any sediment, just the wine diamonds. If I warmed the bottle up to 70*F I betcha they'd go away.

Latest posts

Back