What's for Dinner?

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Made something I haven't done in ages tonight - rolled flank steak. Had one from Costco that was already pretty thin, so all I had to do was pound it out a bit. Slathered on some EVOO, fresh garlic, kosher salt and fresh ground tellicherry pepper; along with some basil, parsley, parmesan and a kiss of lemon zest. Then rolled up a big beefy 'fatty'. :) Also grill/baked some ho-made garlic bread and some 'gus marinated with EVOO, red wine vinegar, S&P. Simple salad as well.

IMG_5602.jpg

IMG_5604.jpg

IMG_5606.jpg

IMG_5610.jpg

IMG_5612.jpg

Last edited:
You can never have too many grills.
I have an oil drum I converted into a charcoal grill/smoker, a propane smoker, a natural gas normal BBQ, and an electric one.
Each one has its uses :)

I have 4 Webers (2 charcoal and 2 gas), and still look @ Craigslist for others. Though I'm pretty sure I've reached maximum density, as far as Mrs. Boatboy is concerned. :i

Let the grocery store dictate what we ate tonight. We were going to do a "breakfast for dinner" event, but it was too hot in the garage to get the electric skillet going to do the bacon, so went for some jerk pork, smashed taters with sour cream and some corn. Didn't get up in time to get a picture of the loins before everyone dug in, so what you see was what was left for me (which is fine, if my oldest Son doesn't go back for seconds I might make a pork sandwich for lunch tomorrow)(2nd image is of his plate). Did the loins to about 145*F and rested in foil for 10 minutes. Still some slightly pink flesh and very tender. Now time to go out and dig out some dirt for a new walkway.

7-19-2017_pork-1.JPG

7-19-2017_pork-2.JPG

I've got that little sous vid cooker on order and was thinking I need a tiny Thai BBQ or maybe hibachi kind of grill just big enough and really hot for searing a steak or two. Anyone using anything that small for quickie stuff?
This one is about 17"x9" grill area and all cast iron.
Mike

lodgeHibatchi.png

I've got that little sous vid cooker on order and was thinking I need a tiny Thai BBQ or maybe hibachi kind of grill just big enough and really hot for searing a steak or two. Anyone using anything that small for quickie stuff?
Mike

Ooh, it's a Lodge. Can't beat that.

I'm smelling some Emeril spiced shrimp skewers with lot's of olive oil and garlic, yummers.

I do try to follow Alton Brown's idea of every tool in the kitchen needs to be a multi-tasker, but sometimes you just have to have some fun! (And that looks like a lot of fun)

Mike

I don't have one, but have read great reviews and seen some fantastic grub come off of them.

Mike

We have this in our camper - perfect for 2. Fun to use but not so fun to clean.

Oh God! All of these photos are AMAZING!!
I recently ordered Meco Cart electric grill when I had to get rid of my Weber gas one.
While it can't really compare to my Weber it is great for an electric cooker. I was afraid it wouldn't get hot enough or provide any flavor but it seers steaks quite well and seals in the juices. Fat drips onto the reflector plate and smokes providing good flavor. Here is the result! :D
5d5eace325ebe59f6d560a7ae8fc0a09.jpg

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back